Game Resources error Multiplayer (Internet)

Hollywood, Undefined, 16 years ago

Forgive me if this has been asked already; with no search function that I can see for the forums, it would take a while to go back through all the posts.

A mate and I recently were discussing old shooter games, and we got onto the subject of AvP. We discovered we both still had a copy lying around and decided to give it a go for old times sake. We patched up to 1.09.6, entered our valid CD keys and were able to access Multiplayer (Internet).

Surprisingly there were quite a few dedicated servers as well as people actually playing! At first though we just wanted to host our own private game to get into the swing of things.

Unfortunatley neither I or her were able to join one another's games. We tried all sorts of combinations. Inlcuding opening pertinent ports through firewall, turning firewall off completely, changing the game port, using a password and not using a password, toggling dedicated server on and off.

Eventually we came to narrow it down that it is MY local side that's causing a problem, as she is able to join games already hosted by other players/servers.

I have no mods, hacks or extra content with my installation, just the patched files. When I try to join multiplayer games, it sits at loading then boots me to the main menu saying (paraphrase) "Unable to join multipleyer, Game Resources are different from the server."

Only thing I could think of was that there's some multiplayer mod that's universal in use, that is so popular that everyone uses it, and I need to acquire that to play. However that doesn't add up when concerning her game, because she has no modifications, and is able to join others as previously mentioned.

Any suggestions?

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

hmmm? it could be that your friend is using a diffrent and possibly newer version of the game? there are still others that play both online and single player games of the older version. go to "My Computer" find the "Aliens vs Predator 2" folder and look for the "Sierra Update" icon. double click and see if needs to be updated. also check your connection. also if you need more help Email Sierra of the problem or talk to me.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Of course they're still playing, it's an awesome game and many people of this forum play the game as well.

Glad to hear you're playing as well.