A Predqueen??

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

i was playing an avp game when my platoon was attacked by a predator mixed with a queen

how is that posible

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

Daveberg can fill you in about how the games are meant for the younger audiance and that its not possible in the actual franchise (films).

thanks cory

thanks alot

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

sarcasm? No really. He's always been the one to say that.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The games have always mixed up the species & created obscene new forms to keep the more shallow minded audience entertained, many of those creatures are considered non-canon, meaning that they do not actually exist within the Alien/Predator universes.

thanks

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Actually it is quite possible althought i dont think that they will be showing one any time soon. You all know that the queen has a choice of what kind of alien she lays for example if shes dying she could chose to rencarnate her in an egg that will turn out a queen laying face hugger. you know in alien two at the end when the queen is figting ripley the queen knew she was going to die sosomehow i dont know in what instant but she laid two eggs one was a egg that would produce a queenlaying face hugger and another a drone laing faccehugger so it could protect the quee when she would arive, and it depends what the facce hugger attaches itself to,to how the queen will turn out. So lets say that a queen laying face hugger attaches itself to a pred then the out come will be a predqueen wich will then start the cycle of all predalien drones.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

No.

A Queen/Empress/Mother is the same no matter what host, because if any attributes change it may damage how the Queen works, acts, and behaves. Other than being part Predator, it stays the same because the game producers don't want it to change. Other than being part Predator, it stays the same because comic writers don't want it to change personality-wise.

I'd like to add that even if the Queen was a Predalien, the Drones wouldn't be because for Drones it doesn't matter what host they come from because they simply gather hosts and protect the eggs/Facehuggers.

That "Queen-laying egg" is a Superegg and the "Queen Facehugger" is actually called the Superfacehugger, seen in Alien and Alien 3 (respectively). Although the Superegg wasn't fully developed before Ripley destroyed it, it was indeed in the process of turning into one.

You see, the way a Superegg is made is when a Drone/Warrior is the last of its hive and gets desperate with no Queen, it finds two sufficiant hosts: One to help protect the egg if it feels it cannot on its own, and one to turn into the egg so a Superfacehugger can emerge from it.

A Preatorian Facehugger and a Superfacehugger are similar but don't work the same.

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

NO way there could be a Predqueen. Sure the alien takes on the atributes of its host but the queen is the purest of its species. Even if it were to grow inside a pred I highly dought that the queen would become a predqueen.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

And even if the queen came out of a pred the drones wouldn`t all be predalien cos most drones come out of the easiest pray: humans. And we all know that if it comes out of a human, it`s not predalien.

tropic, Undefined, 16 years ago

the legacy has been bastardised enough without a predqueen,lets just leave it there.pretty sure we have been down this avenue before.

Many times, but as said before it's just for younger fans with bigger imaginations, or the fans who're bored with the regular stuff.

thanks bloo(cool sig)

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Oh well lets leave it at that i quess i was wrong but anyone can make a mistake but it seems quite obvious thats why i thought that if a faccehugger lays an embryo in a pred, thats a queen and knowing how they take the atributes from their hosts it was simple enough to think that the outcome would be a predqueen

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

A predqueen could happen because at the end of AVP the predalien could have been a queen and most likely it was

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

The predalien at the end of Avp will not be a queen. The predalien could make another pred into an egg and that would carry the queen embryo. The queen embryo carries no DNA from the host and stays the same all the time.

The predalien would be just like another drone, with mandibles.

Like BW said, the Queen stays the same no matter what, unless it's a different class of Queen like Empress (AVP) and Queen Mother (Female War). Nontheless, it doesn't carry any traits over to the Queen embryo as it grows, and the final result always stays the same.

The Predalien, on the other hand, is still a Drone, but with the vague appearance of its host, in this case a Predator, just like the "regular" Drones are more humanoid and one colour because of its host, the human.

Sunfire, Undefined, 16 years ago

This PredAlien gives me the shivers. I hope not, but mixing both creatures sounds like it's going to be completely stupid. I hated when Ripley was mixed with Alien in Alien4.

I dunno. It all feels too much like the final nail in the coffin for both franchises. :(

Actually, it was already done, and it worked out very good. The creature I'm talking about is the Dogalien, which many of the younger fans know as the "Runner".

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

i say that its unknown its still possible a predqueen can happen thou it is true that a queen's DNA stays pure no matter what