Heating of the wristblades..

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

In Predator, after the team had been hunted by the Predator, aside from Comander Dutch, the Predator readies in the trees and heats his wristblades..

Was that his helmet crossairs it uses to hunt and aim the plamsa castor?

And if it could head up the blades, don't you think it would have an affect on Prey when aiming the laser crossairs on them? (if it were the laser crossairs)

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

well heating up the ristblades would do no good

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I have no idea how a laser sight would realistically heat metal, unless it could actually be set to emit heat as well as simply aim the plasmacaster. It was more than likely simply an inconsistency in the movie, & was done to raise the drama in the scene.

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I never really thought about that. Thanks

FireHunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

maybe it was cleaning them

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

word stalker ....

After all, youl notice the laser path dosent show up on the predator thermal viision... a little strange for something hot enough to heat metal in a matter of seconds... not least the fact that it would have great effect on the victime it was being aimed at

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Maybe the intensity of the laser could be changed? But if that's the case, how come he didn't use it as a weapon? Hmm... This could become another "What hit Blaine?" topic.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

no way DD, i had a great still of that ,, il post it up here soon ..... it was no laser, the picture suggests it was a still

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think the Predator could have increased the intensity. Lasers do emmit heat.
Why he did it is not as know, simply for drama. Maybe the metal reacts to heat and increases in strength, that is what is implied in the context of the movie, a preparation.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

or maybe he was cleaning it by burning off all the blood and crap that might have got on it in preparation for his fight??

idunno...