true fans

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

what does it take to be a true fan? a question asked by many. What seperates the true fans from the wanna bes is a question i ask all of you. Is a true fan one who watches the moivies non stop? What is a true fan?What seperates us with the rest of the people.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol, if you think your a true fan you probably are lol its a strange but good topic thats more about opinion than anything else so this should be good

lol i look foward to whatching this space

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

I don't consider myself as a true fan. I'm just a regular person showing my intrest in AVP, mainly for the USCM. I like Armed Forces more than anything, and I have little intrests in other races. Don't get me wrong for I do learn several things about the Yautja and Xenomorphs.

I don't watch the movies non-stop. Once I watch a movie, that movie is done and over with, but it doesn't hurt to rewatch the moive with your friends and family and hopefully start a lively conversation about it.

Now do I collect the merchandise? No, but I do collect GI Joes. I have not yet bought one AVP toy, but I am soon working on that because browsing through sites, I have found an Aliens GI Joe that I am wanting to buy very soon. -nods-

Now, we (Swift and I) do have AVP: Extinction and Predator: Concrete Jungle, but my brother play them a whole lot more than me.

Overall, I am not a true fan, just a person, like I stated before, just showing his intrest in AVP. That is all.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

ah, damnit, it`s 3 AM and even though i can no longer think str8 (couldn`t remember if it was streight or straight)... but still i`m up checking a site about my 2 favourite imaginary species, can`t even remember if the concept of "imaginary species" is correct; the word canon just went through my mind... but still i look at this monitor and i can clearly make out the pred masks and alien faces with all the details that i`ve memorated and still i can remember the greatness with which they were displayed most of the time; even though i can`t remember my mom`s name right now, still i could esily finish the game avp1 with the alien in less than 30 minutes... i could also beat a paladin in wow, but that i`ve been doing every day since a month ago, that`s no big deal... So, even though there are more and more games, with better graphics and stuff, avp1, avp2 + primal hunt installed and even though many new games have lots of fancy weapons, only when i play these games i feel a great joy and an immense power. Even though many of the movies i`ve watched in my life were great, i`d still preffer to have never watched them if i could watch the Alien and Predator movies every week... and... well.. Spawn...
Personally, i feel that this world woul have been poorer without Alien vs Predator... i can`t imagine 2 more original and more needed ideas in the film industry than those of Alien and Predator...

But i`m a psycho, not a fan, so don`t listen to me...

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

Oh yes. The reason I don't watch the movies non stop is because I am into alot of other franchises also... and to the fact my dvd/vhs player is broken.

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

well what it takes is not to like every alien or predator movie of have every product its to like the alien and predator

no one is a true fan of alien,predator or of anything so yea

ill end now

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

What do you mean noone is a true fan? If noone was a true fan, then the word "fan" would have been useless and would have never been invented!!!

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

A Fan is a person who is very intrested in something or is a great admirer of some famous person.

What Celtec Predator is trying to say, there are no true fan of AVP. For example, you may show great intrest in AVP, but your actions say otherwise. A true fan of AVP, the way that I look at it, is a person who is obsessed with AVP and can't think nor talk about anything without bringing up the subject of AVP.

Fan- short for Fanatic
refers to persons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity.

In this case to AVP.

We all have interest here for AVP in one way or another.

okwe are all fans but true fans just mean u like it more than others

so a true fan is just a fan

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

To be a true fan is to have a deep love for the franchises & the creatures. Merely having a collection of merchandise doesn't really prove anything if the interest is merely a passing phase.

I personally have fond memories of both creatures from when I was young, & for over 12 years now I have been a dedicated fan of both aliens & predators.

You know you're a true fan when you feel a deep emotional connection with the creatures or films when you see or watch them, & that you almost never want the feeling to leave. As strange as that may sound to some people, other hardcore fans will know exactly what I mean.

a true fan is just a modified fan
(did is say that right?)

You got it, Stalker.

And yes. In another way, a "true fan" is a fan only, maby has more of interest which is actualy opinionated. You can't prove someone having more of an interest than the fan next to him. Unless you got inside their head. But anyway, You know your a true fan when, like Stalker said, you get the feeling.. a very pleasant in a way feeling just thinking about your passion or interest for the franchises.

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Interesting i thought that i wouldnt get much repiles on this but i guess im wrong. Yes you are all correct to be a true fan you have to have a great passion for what you like your always thinking about it althought you may not be thinking about it does anyone get me its at you very back of your mind ready to come forth without any hesitation its a sensation its something noone can take away from you a knoladge and a liking of something that you should be proud of there are not many ( True fans) left some are just interested in the subject and once something new comes along theyll leave it alone but a true fan will stick with it to the end and will always live with the knoledge that he! who ever he was! he ! was a true fan!

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

There is no true way to be a "true" fan. Someone can have everything Alien/Predator-related but still just like the products, not a die-hard fanboy. But yet someone can be poor as hell and have nothing but the movies, yet they can be the biggest fan ever.

It doesn't matter if you have the toys, the movies, or any of that. It matters how much you like the franchise.

I couldn't put it better my self Bloo.