Pred honor doe it exsist

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

i know its a big deal and all but i dont really think that preds have any honor i dont know why people say that they hunt, whats the honor in that no offense to the pred fans. My friend hes a pred fan and does think they have honor i can see some points like for example they will wipe out themselfs just so the alien species doesnt survive i guess you could call that honor

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol, im not the most knowlegable pred fan here by a long shot ... but i would say yeah, they certainly do have honour lol ... i mean if you call refraining from killing pregnant ladies and old men who try to take your life hounerable then yeah id say theyve got that lol

But honour is stupid ...... theres no houner in death ... lol thats what your country tells you before your sent of to be killed lol

There no greater prize than life ...

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

Agreed with Kill.

And yes of course they have honor. Play the Predator: COncrete Jungle and learn that they do. It is a fact through the movies as well. Watch the special features of the Predator films and listen to them talk about the Predators. They will clearly state how they have an honor system.

As for as that goes, yes they do have an honor system. But in this case, for you, its wether you agree that what they do is honor like but you clearly don't agree.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

To instantly answer part of the topic question, yes, predators do hunt, I have no idea why you would think otherwise, since it has been stated several times in the movies, & their actions, such as taking the skulls of their victims as trophies further solidifies that fact. Although the question of whether they actually hunt for honour, or merely for the sole pleasure of sport, is one I will get into now.

Some fans believe that predators are merely acting the way any respectful big game hunter would, leaving the weaker prey alone & only going after the strong & dangerous, as there would be no sport in killing defenceless prey. While this aspect of the creature is completely true, it was never really confirmed in the films as to whether their actions were entirely the result of sport of honour.

From this perspective, both honour & "sport" seem to fall into the same category, although in my opinion it takes genuine honour to leave helpless potential victims alone & only challenge oneself with hunting the strong, although this is entirely down to personal opinion. In general though, predators are viewed as highly honourable, with everything from games to books portraying them in that light, although generally speaking, many of these sources are considered non-canon, further raising the question as to the true reasoning behind their behaviour.

I personally believe that they are indeed an honourable race, they obviously like to challenge their prey on fair terms, & will even disarm themselves to give particularly worthy prey a fighting chance, as shown in the original Predator. Such actions must be the result of more than merely sport. To offer their opponent a fairer chance of survival shows an indisputable measure of honour in my opinion, & while their main drive is obviously the thrill of the hunt, they are obviously also quite capable of being honourable & merciful towards their prey.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Also, they have tha "harakiri" type of thing like rather killing themselves than accepting a defeat, which would leave them dishonored. Just like the samurai do... Also, never confuse ninja with samurai, the samurai wear armor, the ninja wear leather, samuray are like predators, ninja are like aliens.

Thank you Stalker. I'm glad someone got that down.

Yes, Predator appear real samurai like. I wouldn't associate Aliens with ninja in that they have nothing to do with them. Like I already said, the Predator resembol samuria in their armor and so furth. But Ninja where tight black stealthy clothing. Aliens have exoskeletons... Kinda like body armor as their skin.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Aaah... look here: A ninja comes silently at you and cuts your throat before you can see him. A drone comes silently at you and headbites you before you can see it. Or takes you to hoast a chestburster. Ninjas don`t have a chestbursting stage of evolution, but if they did, i`m sure they would hve done the same thing. Also ninjas wear black leather and have ribs. Drones have black leather on them and have ribs too, they just have some of them on the outside... Plus, the exoskeleton isn`t really that useful, a gun can kill a drone as fast as it can kill a ninja. Both the ninja and the drone know this and stay in the shadows until they can attack you from the back. Of course... if you are a Predator... you have a disc-like thingy with which you can slice the drone`s or ninja`s head while it wants to kill you.

Not exactly but I see where you are getting at. I don't think a ninja is the best way to discribe an Alien though.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Ditto to Stalk. A Very good explanation there