Alien's question

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

When a person get's faced hugged they produce the alien. THey need a living body, well what if they just got in the chest the first stages of them being grown. And someone chops off the head, does the said alien grow's or dies with the body?

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

The growth period is so quick i think the chances of that happening are extremely remote anyway , but in that event my guess is that the alien would maintain its position provided it was reaping some kind of benefit and then disperse when it was ready ...... you have to remember how advanced the species is in the first place ,..... Resilient beyond believe and i hate to say it ..... but the growth of the alien is retardedly unrealistic, at least in avp anyway lol

Taking into account that the hugger stays longer than it actually has to ... and that the alien will have already been growing ..... for the alien to be bourn so premature that it wouldn’t live ..... id say the host would have to be killed almost immediately after thee hugger released it

Heartless, Undefined, 16 years ago

well it could be like a paricite it gets in and sits there then grows to a certan point then stops and gathers nutrents wile in the body so theat when it does come out the fast groth dosent stall or is stunted in enyway witch would be a reasonable excuse for why it stays inside the body for that amount of time and the amount of nutrents could vary from alien to alien

OTANG, Undefined, 16 years ago

It's implied in the films that a dead host can't maintain a growing xeno embryo. It can be because the host is linked to the xeno and provides oxygen. It can also be because once the host dies, so do its cells thereby making it impossible for a xeno to extract living and undeteriorated cells needed to bridge gaps in its birthing cycle.

lol i doubt that very much .... lol remember this affair is far from natural..... its not like being pregnant..... theres no feeding tube .... in order for the alien to obtain a nutritional gathering the tranaction would have to be done physically ..... this only happens rite before the alien burths .... otherwise the host wouldnt survive .. and in kanes case would have been alerted to the aliens precence had it been eating him internaly .... unless of course he wasent concious when this was happening .... which would back up my point about the hugger staying longer than actually aquired .... i feel if this is tha case and the alien is feed it would be more than capable of surviving .. even before a burth of desired or "Comfort time"

In addition to this in the films ash uses the diy to block the crews vision of the alien quit quickly meaning it had been planted and was growing .... the next seen is the crew waking to ash telling them kanes condition had changed and that the hugger had let go ..... my point being .... i feel this indirectly points to the fact that the alien is already quit far into the process of growth once the hugger detaches ...... this in relation to the topic would back up the fact that the alien burst out of kane very quickly afterwards as he instantly complained of being hungry, my guess is they sat down to eat quit soon after that scene lol ..... all in all compiled with that fact that the alien requires heat from the host NOT oxygen .... the alien in most cases if not all would be fine .... + it would take a while, not long ... but the lose of heat from a human body wouldnt be instantanious....

By the way ... its important to note that the twio different opinions derived from this topic might swing on one variable ... does the alien require the host for oxygen or not lol if yes, it would die, if not it wouldnt .. my point is that this comes down to the oldest argument teh sites ever had, do alien breath? and as the oldies will no, ive never fully joined one side of that topic lol, so take my replies in this threads as options not opinions then lol

But if you go with some of the most knowlegable fans on the site like daveberg who say that aliens dont require oxygen ...... youl know which way there opinion takes this topic .......

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

For the first stage of its metamorphosis the alien would more than likely require nutrients supplied by the body of the living host in order to properly develop & grow, although once it had matured into the "adult" chestburster stage, even killing the host would be insufficient, & as Alien Resurrection proved, hosts carrying a chestburster are almost impervious to harm.

It is quite likely that the chestburster secretes some kind of adrenaline-like substance into the host's bloodstream which enables them to survive punishment a normal member of its species would not be able to sustain, this acts as a way of helping to protect the burster until it has matured. During the final stages of the chestburster's life cycle, moments before it punches its way through the ribcage of its unfortunate victim, the host can become rabid & aggressive, even attacking & killing anything around it to preserve its own survival if it is threatened by any external danger (Dr. Wren was the cultivator of this behavior in Alien Resurrection, & was savagely beaten by Purvis, despite shooting him several times).

Severe head trauma however, such as a bullet to the brain, will still kill the host in this state, as was proved in AVP when Sebastian was shot dead by Lex moments before his body was chestbursted, also proving that if a burster actually reaches maturity, even killing the host will not destroy it.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

So... if the facehugger pounces at the hoast to facehug it and the hoast falls off something, breaking his neck or so, the Xeno will die, but otherwise, there are few chances for someone to notice the inpregnation in time, or to have the heart to kill the hoast before the chestburster is matured. But still, the hoast breaking his neck or receiving severe brain damage would be unlikely in the case of the facehugger keeping the neck fixed in place with the tail and protecting the head with its leggs... If the human/yautja receives a headshot/heartshot while being facehugged, then yes, the xeno may die...

lmao pretty much covered .... good topic