Predators Or Aliens

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Okay i know that preds are sopose to be cool and all and i know they're honorable but what do you think do you like preds better or aliens better i personally like aliens better they're facinating creatures what amazes me the most is the queen shes just so cool, they're an awsom species

Scarface, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think predator's are better.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Reason, please.

Yes, many new members to come here are saying "Predators are better!" but why they say it? Their weapons, their armor, and their roar. Their combat/victory roar I can get, but once you learn more and more about the two species the less "OMG WEAPONS THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY BETTER" and the more "I like them a lot, I just prefer Predators for [insert good reason]".

I love Predators, don't get me wrong, I actually liked them more than Aliens years before I joined this site. But as I came to know the two species, it just sort of switched one month. I first saw ALIEN at the age of 8 and Predator a year (? I don't remember...) after, and was impressed with both for their originality, their creepiness, and how they've managed to stay legendary for decades even to this point in time.

Both creators are geniuses but I prefer more of Giger's work because it defines and gives darker levels of horror to the term "scary".

predalienking, Undefined, 16 years ago

i like aliens preds are almost tied with them but aliens is just better to me one of the reasons i like them they have no tech whatsoever and yet they defeat everything that does because of intellegence and use of enviroment

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Preds use their enviroment to their advantage, and can do so and more without their tech also. Preds do not hide behind tech, have you seen how freaking strong they are?

Those arent reasons why i like preds, i just like them partly because of tech, but their code of honor and hunts interest me alot.

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like the aliens better because of their ability to adapt to any given situation or environment. Also their expanse of different kinds is also facinating.I mean that there are probaly even more types of them.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I'm a massive fan of both, but it's obvious that I prefer the predators. Ever since I was about 5 years old I've been fascinated by them, their physical being alone is one of the most unique & excellent creature designs of all time in my opinion. The concept of an extraterrestrial hunter alone is brilliant & fascinating.

Their ways of honour are admirable, but their main draw in my opinion is their design. Without Stan Winston's expertise, the predator would have been nothing like what we know. The fact that, unlike most other "movie monsters", they actually use advanced & sophistocated weapons & technology to track & kill their prey is also a great feature, as it helps to differentiate them from many other other Sci-Fi creatures, as well as being plain & simply awesome. Although despite what some believe, they do not merely hide behind their powerful weapons, as they are formidable killers in their own right, much faster & stronger than any living human.

Overall, it's quite hard to put into words why I love the predators so much, they sinply have an intangible quality that has drawn my interest to them for much of my life, & I know will continue to do so until the day that I die.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was only saying that was one of the reasons that not-so-familiar fans love the Predators is because of their tech, I'm well aware that they are still huge threats without their advanced weaponry.

It's just that many sites I've been to, the Predators fans don't really know much about the hunters other than what they've seen in comics and movies.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like aliens, cos they`re like cats or so... Cats without fur, eyes, breadth, with lots of saliva, taller than a human, with vewry long and strong tails, that need to burst out of another crerature`s chest to live, cats that have a queen, a hive, eggs, a facehugger state of evolution, a combat jaw with which they`ll blow your brains out, but deffenetly cats.

Preds are more like humans, they`ve like a primitive stage of the human culture, or just one humans didn`t get to yet, cos this thing with the clans is just speculation for all i know, anywho, with highly eveolved technology. This technology hasn`t advanced for thousants of years though... so that would indicate more of a tribal sort of society, where technological advancements are hard to get to because of the lack of cooperation... Anyway, they`re more like humans and i don`t like humans.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Sorry for the spam, but this almost made me cry! ALMOST! This is just what i was telling predess once abot a quick kill being better than the stalking of the prey as if inferior, cos that will always get the predator killed eventually.

BORN KILLERS! Never need to train, never need to be disciplined! Just born killers iondeed. Shooting someone in the leg to make him fall down in front of you doesn`t make you better, cos that someone could always shoot you in the head, and THEN who`s better??? Not the stalker, but the killer... The stalker`s dead, the killer`s alive...

Respect!

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Wow there are many reasons to like both species but i still prefer the aliens they are an amazing species no matter what and although the preds dont hide behind thier armor(Most of the time theyre still quit strong) I dont know i like aliens because they dont need tech to be able to beat their opponents they use the enviornment and their smarts to overcome their opponents