predator or predator 2

jacofett, Undefined, 16 years ago

what do you think predator 1 or predator 2 and why?

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Predator One is pretty awsom but i defanatley think that predator two will be even better because the pred-alien looks tottaly sweet

predalienking, Undefined, 16 years ago

yeah a predalien is in ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2 not predator 2 that came out why back then

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The original Predator without a doubt. The sequel definitely had its high points, & was still quite a good film, but the original masterpiece is still far better in my opinion. Both films were quite different in their own ways, the first was more about building suspense & character, with the predator itself remaining elusive for much of the film, wheras the second was much more action-oriented, with the creature being shown alot more & having many more action scenes involving it.

I personally preferred the tension building approach of the first, it really set the tone for the movie, & made the final revelation of the creature even more shocking & exciting. The cast was also far better as well. Danny Glover was simply no substitute for Arnold Schwarzenegger, & many of the other cast members seemed somewhat tacked on, although admittedly Bill Paxton & Gary Busey were reasonable in their roles as Jerry Lambert & Peter Keyes.

Overall, even though Predator 2 was still quite a good film, the original masterpiece easily takes the title in my opinion. The characters, set up & suspense were far superior in the first, not to mention the creature.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I mostly agree with Stalker, and yes I do love the original film better, but I think Harrigan was kind of cool. City-Hunter (not his official name, but the one given to the Predator of P2 from Concrete Jungle), I think, wasn't expecting him to do a risky move like that and enter his ship. Or maybe he was, but he wasn't expecting to be beaten, especially in one-on-one combat with a tool of his own in a surprise attack.

Even though Dutch did brawl with Jungle-Hunter with fists only, and that was awesome. I still like the Harrigan vs City-Hunter fight better.

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

I liked the second one better because it showed more predator than the first. Also because the guy who played Hicks in Aliens also starred in the sequal of predator.

Yeah, but the way they hid the creatures (the Grey, Jungle-Hunter) up until the climax of the movies (ALIEN, PREDATOR) were genius. In the sequels, it wasn't really nesecarry to do the same because little about the creatures changed, and that's maybe way it showed more of the Warrior and City-Hunter.

aliensleader, Undefined, 16 years ago

i like the first because of more wepons and new visons and he kicked some arse in the train

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I preffer predator 2... Indeed Predator 1 had a better fighting ground and it allowed the pred to show that it doesn`t depend on technology, but i like the larger display of weapons and data about the Yautja that is found in Predator 2.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Aliensleader, I think you might be a little confused mate, the train sequence was in Predator 2, not the original, & the creature also had far more weapons in the sequel.

He also had new "visions" in the sequel...

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I know the original Predator was a classic but I absolutley loved Predator2. I think it surpassed the orginal like Aliens did to ALIEN.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

mmm ive really never been sure about this ...... i do love the second mmmmmm il have to think about this for a while ....

And Cory lol Aliens didnt exceed Alien