a xenotja or a yautjmorph?

Alienation, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

since the scientific names of the alien and predator is xenomorph and yautja, what do you think the predalien's scientific name is?

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I would say that it would still be xenomorph, since it is an xeno but with a few traits taken from a yautja & other members have said there is pretty much no difference in the predalien except the mandible trait, but it still has a second jaw, etc.

A good thing to check would be if there is a mix between a Lion and Tiger's scientific names if a Liger is bred.

EDIT:(wont let me edit(error) so i deleted my post, then put this on it and reposted.)

I found that there is no official scientific name for a liger, but it is said to be "Panthera leo/tigris"
I guess ill stick with my 'still a xenomorph' thought.

And i also found a good alien info site that is like Anchorpoint Essays. Site

Malus-Darkblade, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

More like Xenomorphus Yaujas, cause a Predalien is merely a subspecies of your average drone.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

It's just Xenomorph. If we named it something else, it would be the 'Homo-Xenomorphus' and 'Xeno-canine' debate-topic I've seen on other fan sites over again.

Malus-Darkblade, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Yeah, good point.

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

A "predalien" is just another Xenomorph because all Xenomorphs take traits and genes from their hosts.

solo_pred, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

maby if they gave it a scientific name it would be xenomorphus-yajuain or something like that.

PredAlien78, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

You know what I don't get if xenomorphs have traits from their host then wouldn't that mean that xenomorphs that we see on the movies like part human. Because the Predalien has Predator in it.

OTANG, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Predalien78, Xenomorphs do have traits of humans. They have somewhat of a humanoid form.

I think They are simply Xenomorphs, their species is meant to take on traits of the hosts. You can be more specific if you would like when referring to individual Xenos, I just dont believe it needs its own subspecies.
As I wrote this, I see there is a point to calling them based on their hosts, but as genreal refrence, its not needed. My two cents.

That's exactly why a dogalien and a Predalien are just Drones. Otherwise, our "regular" Xenos would be "Humanaliens".

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

And those thoughts never came about during the first film so they just designed a Xenomorph for the movie.

predatoress, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Xenomorph is a parasite, it doesn't copulate with other species and have offspring. Even though the genetransfer could give a hint of "new sub-species" what so ever, like pomato/totato (genetically modified tomato/potato). But as far as I see they are just xenomorps 'cos of the basic biology.

They are. There is no other name. If there was, that's like some scientific idiots who have never seen a half asian half black kid, and giving him/her his/her own sub-species name.

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I just call it a Predalien with a redneck accent.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

A predalien is still a Xenomorph, regardless of its few Yautja characteristics, as aliens only take a few basic traits from their host, while their physiology remains the same.

...If only I had a dollar for every time I've explained that.

Technically, Xenomorph & Yautja are only the basic names of the creatures, not their scientific ones. The Xenomorphs' actual scientific name is Internecivus raptus, as seen within the Alien Quadrilogy DVD box set. The true scientific name for the predators on the other hand is unknown.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Yup, yup.... Predalien=Xenomorph.

Plus, Yautja isn`t the scientific name for preds, it`s what they`re called in their language as we are called humans in our languages. But the scientific name for human is "Homo Sapiens Recens" or so...

Thehumanpredator, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

A PREDALIEN IS A "YAUTXENO" THE ALIEN THAT LAID A EGG IN THE PREDATOR IN AVP1 AT THE END OF THE MOVIE WHICH CAUSED THE MIXTURE OF DNA TO MORPH WITH THE EGG THAT WAS LAID INSIDE THE PREDATOR MORPHING LATER ON A PREALIEN..........

HALF ALIEN AND HALF PREDATOR

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Noone layed any eggs in a yautja man, cool down and read the xenomorph byology. Drones have human dna, but that doesn`t mean they`re xenohumans or so. That way only the queen and the facehuggers would be xenomorphs!