Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Question on Predator dreads

Forum

Question on Predator dreads

Register or login to post
shadowatching
2007-02-27 22:41:06
Undefined
i have been mulling it around..i could be wrong though

The dreads on the Yautja no one know's how it looks like that....sticking togeather.....well the xeno's drool looks like it would be the best...the reason i thought that was because a very thick layer of the resin holds a human against the wall......so why not a very thin layer on the dreads to keep then togeather????

knew no pity and no remorse. It was the war and the warrior all in one
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

if life gives you lemons....squirt them in the eye and run away...
Hunter_Predator
2007-02-27 22:55:34
Yautja
I don't think the dreads are multiple hairs together in one braid, I think it's just one hair with a braid, they can actually feel their hair, and the braids are a thing of honor they have to earn, and when they're put on, if they make a scream they have to start all over, and looking at the designs when close up, you can kind of tell it's one hair if you're actually looking for it.

To sum it all up, no, it's only one hair with a braid on it.

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~

-Bloo-
2007-02-27 23:26:15
Xenomorph
That is the leading theory, yes. But it has not actually be confirmed.

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."
Unknown
2007-02-28 20:05:12
Undefined
I think the dreadlocks might not be hair but maybe skin, like the twi'leck of star wars, but kinda different....

I am God of Blades I'm kinda having problems.
Unknown
2007-02-28 20:12:41
Undefined
ok dude in predator cj the hair was cut and it was still little thick lumps of black dred so it has to be hair no bleeding whne its cut and it stays same way nomatter how short it cut so its got to be hair plus there not ppl so why cant it just be thick hair lol

I'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.
Welcome to Midian
Unknown
2007-02-28 21:12:09
Undefined
ok ok so it might be thick hair, but we have too stay open to posibilties....

I am God of Blades I'm kinda having problems.
Stalker
2007-02-28 21:12:28
Yautja
The dreadlocks seem to be large individual strands of hair, not bunched together clumps. They are in fact the predators' equivalent of hair, & are naturally formed in the way we see them, proven by the fact that they actually sprout from large indented ridges in the sides of the creatures' heads. While being much thicker & tougher than regular human hair, predators' hair behaves in a similar way. It can be cut or grown in much the same way.

The decorative braids I suspect are a symbol of honour. Meaning that only the yautja who actually hunt are permitted to wear them. Much like a wedding ring, the braids are worn as a sign of commitment to their tradition. This is of course just my theory, there are many possibilities regarding this.

Unknown
2007-02-28 21:49:42
Undefined
the only bad thing abought that is if you have a hair pulled your going to know it rofl

I'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.
Welcome to Midian
Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Tshirt

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners