Question on Predator dreads

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

i have been mulling it around..i could be wrong though

The dreads on the Yautja no one know's how it looks like that....sticking togeather.....well the xeno's drool looks like it would be the best...the reason i thought that was because a very thick layer of the resin holds a human against the wall......so why not a very thin layer on the dreads to keep then togeather????

S-Watching-sig.jpg

knew no pity and no remorse. It was the war and the warrior all in one
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

if life gives you lemons....squirt them in the eye and run away...

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

That is the leading theory, yes. But it has not actually be confirmed.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't think the dreads are multiple hairs together in one braid, I think it's just one hair with a braid, they can actually feel their hair, and the braids are a thing of honor they have to earn, and when they're put on, if they make a scream they have to start all over, and looking at the designs when close up, you can kind of tell it's one hair if you're actually looking for it.

To sum it all up, no, it's only one hair with a braid on it.

hpsig2js3.png

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

the only bad thing abought that is if you have a hair pulled your going to know it rofl

Lucifer.jpgI'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.
Welcome to Midian

ok ok so it might be thick hair, but we have too stay open to posibilties....

I am God of Blades I'm kinda having problems.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The dreadlocks seem to be large individual strands of hair, not bunched together clumps. They are in fact the predators' equivalent of hair, & are naturally formed in the way we see them, proven by the fact that they actually sprout from large indented ridges in the sides of the creatures' heads. While being much thicker & tougher than regular human hair, predators' hair behaves in a similar way. It can be cut or grown in much the same way.

The decorative braids I suspect are a symbol of honour. Meaning that only the yautja who actually hunt are permitted to wear them. Much like a wedding ring, the braids are worn as a sign of commitment to their tradition. This is of course just my theory, there are many possibilities regarding this.

thorndesignssig.jpg

ok dude in predator cj the hair was cut and it was still little thick lumps of black dred so it has to be hair no bleeding whne its cut and it stays same way nomatter how short it cut so its got to be hair plus there not ppl so why cant it just be thick hair lol

Lucifer.jpgI'll make all your dreams come to life, then slay them as quickly as they came Smother another failure, lay this to rest.
Welcome to Midian

I think the dreadlocks might not be hair but maybe skin, like the twi'leck of star wars, but kinda different....

I am God of Blades I'm kinda having problems.