RPG idea

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

If been thinking a lot recently about the sights role play system. I think a change in the way the game is viewed might increase the enjoyment and popularity of the game.

Player on player combat orientated games such as this 1 lacking a way to resolve combat AKA dice. Usually end up turning into a game of who can shout loudest with the players with the more dominant personality proving to be victorious time and time again.

I believe that a more stories line based game would be more enjoyable with players working together to achieve a goal and to progress the story line.

Having a group of moderators or assigned GMs (games masters) to monitor the game as it’s played and present the players with non player characters as enemies or characters to otherwise interact with would work better.

I’m going put some more thought into this and present you with my final idea soon until then I would appreciate any input

What do you guys think?

Anarchysig.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

It was mentioned for newer people, if I'm not mistaken.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

to be onest i dont even know how a RPG is even played so if i were to do that i would have no chance what so ever

Scarefacesigrem.png

But remember, Rayne, the RPG character stats are also there. When in battle with the corresponding member, you have to look at that person's stats. If their strength is higher than yours by only a little, they have a chance of being hit. If their strength is higher by a lot, then they have a chance of blocking and countering.

It's all in the stats.

00Bloo_sig05.png

rayne, Undefined, 17 years ago

yes so true very very true... well i dont think we should do dice becouse new members who havent been in fights like me SW ect. would be slotterd like pigs. if we do the normal won then whoeve hits first will probelly win... i wonder what we should do...

rayneed1.jpg
i am a ROUGE and shall always be a ROUGE

fairenough i just wantedto see what ppl thaught.

and no there is no dice envolved

I just thaught that if wee removed the player on player fights the gamewouldbecome more smooth and enjoyable. cose with the minimam 5 poastsa to kill you enamie the game in unbalanced in favour of the percion that startedthe fight

Anarchysig.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The aspect of removing member vs. member confrontations doesn't sound all that appealing to me, & RPG's are already strongly storyline- focused in the first place so there wouldn't really be too much to gain from this in my personal opinion.

thorndesignssig.jpg

ya even though i dont now whats happening if your taking away dude vs. dude then i dont like it!

rayneed1.jpg

i dont get what you mean dude...

rayneed1.jpg

Ok an example hummm

Each race would get its own RPG. Each RPG is led buy a group of individuals known as the GM’s they don’t have active players ion the game there role is to monitor the story line and the actions the players are tacking.

The GM’s would also initiate the story line righting an in depth back ground leading up to a suitable beginning for the players.

So for an example

GM’s opening post agreed upon buy the majority of the GM’s in question

Opening post has to include the setting for the game, the events leading up to the game and the end goals for the players.

Player posts. All players are of the same race working together to achieve the end goal set buy the GM’s in the opening post

GM’s on going involvement. After the opening post the GM’s monitor all posts made in the game to assure the story is followed. GM’s also present players with NPC’s that would act as enemies or other useful characters. In a topic made to correspond with the game itself the GM’s could post something along the lines of.

Player 1 comes across a NPC (non player character) who has information on the where about of the player’s goal.

The player could then decide weather to react to this and incorporate this event in his or hers next post

A similar event would be the GM posts in the side topic that a player comes across a group of enemies that cannot be avoided. in the next poast the player must incorporate the situation weather the player engages these NPC’s in combat or chooses to write about some for of escape or other means through the given situation is up the player

Anarchysig.jpg

Negative on the command sir: BWAHAHAHAAAaahaaaaaaa.........

Darkblade-2.jpg

Honour is a fools prize, glory is of no use to the dead."

My dog can probably do it. He's small, but he beat me at AVP2 once.

Don't laugh.

00Bloo_sig05.png

Yeah, oh, and sorry bout the double post.

That'd be a problem, I mean who the hell has that kinda time? And dice. They'd have to be ABSOLUTELY trsutworthy, unless you had some sort of online dice-roller that was also ABSOLUTELY trust-worthy.

Darkblade-2.jpg

Something like what Bug had tried to use, right? That would mean someone would HAVE to be on here 24/7 with a pair of dice during an active RPG.

00Bloo_sig05.png

So basically you want to use the whole D&D system?

Darkblade-2.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

Post a really good example and see how People like it.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules