comments on aliens(alien2)

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I just loved that movie!! its my fav out of the four. its like a combination of some of my fav things alien and action!

im just wondering how everybody els thought about it?

Scarefacesigrem.png

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Heheh, yeah. I'm guessing they chose him for that part because those guys really can't die from something like that. At least not at the instant it happened.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

it was a masterpies that is still good even though it isn't very good graphics but that dosn't matter its the storyline that counts and the way they put it together

Scarefacesigrem.png

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I completely disagree on your comment about the film's effects Scareface, I personally thought they were brilliant, especially Stan Winston's work on the Queen. Hell, half the movies today don't have effects like that. Admittedly a couple of the scenes didn't look so realistic, like the dropship flying around the complex towards the end of the film, but for the most part, I thought the effects were fantastic.

thorndesignssig.jpg

FireHunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

alien 3 was my fav,alien hits the second,aliens is my third,then again,res was absoulutely CRAP

and stalker,i watched komodo vs cobra,it's effects were almost as bad as a saturday morning cartoon,lol,the older movies have even better graphics then the newer ones

firehuntersig.jpg
.........*cough*........................

Hahaha! Heheh, don't worry Crow, I wouldn't be able to resist either.

In fact, AVP was so bad that I may have contracted a dangerous disease from setting my eyes on it.

00Bloo_sig05.png

But do you know what AVP gave me? I'm sure you don't want to know.

00Bloo_sig05.png

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

...herpes?

XD Sorry, couldn't resist...ANYWAY, I love Aliens, it's my favorite film out of the franchise, for obvious reasons :3 (xenos, xenos, and more xenos)
CrowRunnerSig-2.png?t=1169492759

FireAnt, Undefined, 17 years ago

I i agree Aliens was my favorite to, i loved the way that the aliens looked so real and alive, as in predator (off topic) how it looked so real and freaky like it was awesome, i agree AVP graphics were good but it didnt give me the spookyness behind it cause i didnt get that realistic feeling that the old movies gave.

FireAnt a Rogue for the Human Race

well everybody has there different apiniouns and u can shoot someone for theres but thx for posting yours.

Scarefacesigrem.png

avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

The queen was an excellent idea, and I loved it when she tour the senthedic apart.

alien3yl9.jpg

Yeah, that's why I edited, I think I just made myself look stupid.

Don't look! I have a better example!

...What about... the Showa' Series Anguirus? He looked lame with Godzilla, who actually looked real.

00Bloo_sig05.png

I honestly have to disagree again Scareface. While the alien effects in AVP were certainly great for the most part, I can't really take down any of the creature effects from Aliens either, as they were also fantastic, especially the Queen. Honestly, I think that the effects in Aliens were just as good as anything in AVP & in most cases, better.

Having newer technology doesn't always necessarily mean better effects. The original Predator for example, which came out one year after Aliens, was done with much more realism than AVP. By comparison, I actually thought Paul Anderson's "updated" predators looked completely unrealistic & quite ridiculous in comparison with Stan Winston's originals.

At least AVP utilized practical effects & creature suits for the majority of the film, as although what CG there was in the movie was quite good, it still seemed like it didn't do justice to some of the scenes.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol, yeah. I'm not so sure a guy in a snake costume will look real realistic.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Yeah, I saw Snakes on a Plane the other day and thought it was really good. But to me, the CG kind of lacked.

EDIT: Errmm, nevermind. Not a very good example, considering the fact that you can't get a guy in a snake suit.
00Bloo_sig05.png

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Of course guys in suits are usually very good because they mix fictional charactors with realistic movements. Not to mention the fact that guys in costumes always try their best to make it apper as the creature, not a suit. And because of this, a guy in a suit sometimes looks much more realistic than CG, especially when the CG is shoddy at best.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Effects with a guy in a suit are brilliant. Another example is the most recent Godzilla film. Another one, too, is Predator.

You just can't beat the guy in the suit.

00Bloo_sig05.png

Well staker if u look at avp the efects r way better its just that now a days if there were efectts like that most prople would think it was crap or just a lowbudget film.

Although the graphics were good and i mean really good back then I was talking about what people would think now.

(plus if u have it on DVD it was deffinatly digitly remasterd i mean it say that on my DVD version of it so it would meen that they made it look better then on the originall not remasterd version)

Scarefacesigrem.png

Are we talking about Aliens or a bunch of animals at each other's necks. I love Aliens it is my favourite and was the second one i watched.

Isn't it usually the second one most people have watched?

My god. Is it really that bad? I just wanted to see another "vs" movie because I've seen all of the Godzilla Vs. series. Thanks for the heads up, now I won't waste my time.

00Bloo_sig05.png

Hehehe, yeah, "KVC" was a bloody terrible film with cheap, shoddy CG, much like alot of the low budget pieces of crap that get spewed out onto DVD these days. Most of the classic films actually used practical effects, such as men in creature suits, which gave them a much more realistic effect, most of the modern movies with a decent budget also use this technique for added realism.

thorndesignssig.jpg