Time to put this to bed-Classic battle between Aliens and Predat

K20A2, Undefined, 19 years ago

Thanks Dave, I am formulating my next post right now going to be another long one. Alright dude I hope you like it and send some feedback. Later man.

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

hey mate, liked your post alot, good to see someone whos not afraid to write!!

anotheravpsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Those are all great replies that I have been looking for. Please keep them coming. I am going to add another incredibly long post here in a little bit. Just so yall know. Alright dudes later. oh and Whats Up Dave

ok - i'm at work so i doubt i can write a massive post but i'll put in my own opinions towards the both of the species;

XENOMORPH:
born to kill.
chitinous exoskeleton.
barbed tail.
acidic blood.
secondary jaws.
ability to survive in any environment.
stealthy killer.
no remorse/guilt.
strength in numbers.
relentless.
agility and quickness.
vulnerable when at chestburster stage.

YAUTJA:
supreme hunters.
advanced technology.
agility.
resiliant.
ability to self heal (medi kit)
extremely stong.
hunters code can prevent them from being effective killers.
vulnerable in cold environments - need meshing to regulate body heat.

anotheravpsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

hand to hand - an alien against a predator will prove fatal for the predator. its really that simple. i feel a really big post coming on *cogs begin to spin in daves head*

anotheravpsig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

One thing i wanna add to that last reply, true aliens have overwhelming numbers, but one thing i dont think the movie showed very well was the predators true skill, for predators can take on multiple aliens in every instance prior to the movie, but thats cool it happens. but one thing not talked about much are the predators WEAPONS, the ones seen in the movies are toys compared to what they are really capable of. If anyone has read the predator books, some explain how the pred weapons are beyond our comprehension and we've never seen them used, they choose to use less powerful weapons for hunts for their honnor, but if preds declared WAR on aliens, it would be a massacre. Regardless, yes, 3 preds have no chance against thousands of aliens, however, dont base which one is better off that.

~ IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.
*evil predator laugh*

Iseijin, Undefined, 19 years ago

Not to critize, it was a great read, but one thing that I may want to point out is that Aliens DO have a slight advantage over Predators: Numbers.

Of course, many circumstances must be met but in AVP the flashback scene did prove that an entire hoard of Alien is not match for a Predator. Yet again, that's a lot of Aliens. Don't get me wrong, I have said many times before that I greatly respect Predators and I wished to never cross paths with any of them but the grid Alien proved that they do posses some degree of analyzing conscience and as the alpha it determined that with more numbers on its side (regrouping) it would have a better chance at victory. Fighting one-on-one is risky and an Alien will eventually 'lose its head' (sorry, bad pun).

In short: One Alien vs. One Predator, higher victory chance for the Predator. One Predator vs. A LOT of Aliens, then Aliens will definitly have the upper hand.

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 19 years ago

Nice post K20A2. Good job man, I like the whole "no fear" thing. Good work.

“This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing out.â€Â

Thanks TD...take it easy see ya later

ash, Undefined, 19 years ago

im good thanx and cya then lol

shadowserpentssig.jpg

Topdogg, Undefined, 19 years ago

sup ash all good mate?

some times its hard for me to get on here due to the fact im at work so i have do my job and if i get a min free im str8 here, to be honest i was impressed with the samuri/raptor thing as it does make it a bit clear, i would def say u know ur preds and u do put some good info in there, i have alot of respect for people that make an effort gotta go speak to u lot tomoz

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

whats up TD thanks for the compliment...you have any thoughts on my post. I have always wanted to write a detailed book on both spieces and compare the two. I am curious to know what your point of view on the topics are if you would have added changed or gotten rid of...please let me know...thanks dudes

wats up TD

shadowserpentssig.jpg

sup k20, that was good read spot on old chap

Many thanks Ash

thats all rite m8y

shadowserpentssig.jpg

that was intresting and you were even with the pred and aliens advantages and disadvantages so well done m8 and it was enjoyable to read :)

shadowserpentssig.jpg

NO PROBS MATE

Sorry about that I am typing it up know this is going to be really long so bear with me. Thanks dudes.