Facehuggers.

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

Why do facehuggers have such a short lifespan? They just impregnate the host and they die! That's upsetting i always thought to myself, they could have done much more than that, but that's just my opinion. Any one agree?

Well i guess i should go now, "sniff,sniff". Weeeee time to go to mardi grass, i am outie!

ash, Undefined, 19 years ago

ok well for a start they are only for that very reason to get a human host

aliensigcopy.jpg

and to make there alien buddy's spread lol

aliensigcopy.jpg

Iseijin, Undefined, 19 years ago

Well, makes sense really, if all your destiny in life is to pregnate a host once the deed's done then you're done. Which brings me to a question, seeing as facehuggers (or facerapers, either good) die as soon as they detatch themselves how long could a facehugger live outside its egg without pregnating? Does it HAVE to pregnate after a determined period of time as soon as it comes out? Or does the pregnating process trigger a countdown to its lifespan?

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

alienhunter, Undefined, 19 years ago

yeah i agree with iseigin

bluegeeza.JPG

bug-hunt, Undefined, 19 years ago

A facehugger will remain attached to a human host for anywhere between 4 to 6 hours before "releasing" the host. Once implantation of the embryo is complete the Facehugger dies. Death usually occurs within 15 to 20 minutes of leaving the host. An interesting note, however, is that the creature doesn't travel very far from the infected prey. In most cases the carcass can be found within five feet of the still unconscious host body. It seems that the Xenomorph is weakened extensively by the process and only moves far enough away so as not be "in the way." Once it reaches a "safe" distance the Facehugger coll, where it waits for death. could not find or know how long it could survive for out of an egg would say it would survive long enough to full fill it's need to impregnate a host.

bettersigtech.jpg

Been living on borrowed time so feck it if i die!

hey hunter

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

once the embryo has been deposited if you will, chemicals are released in to the bloodstream of the facehugger triggering its death. outside of the egg, supposedly the face huggers can survive untill a host has been assatained.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

i agree with this, however....in alien 3, one facehugger was able to impregnate ripley as well as survive to do the same to the dog on the prison world. what yall think happend there?

~ IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.
*evil predator laugh*

bug-hunt, Undefined, 19 years ago

super face hugger implants a queen and a droan in 2 different hosts

bettersigtech.jpg

Been living on borrowed time so feck it if i die!

that was whats known as a 'super facehugger'

each alien drone is capable of capturing a host and injecting chemicals into their blood stream via the sharp end of the tail - these chemicals completely change the hosts DNA code, thus the host begins to morph into an alien egg, after a period of time the metamorphosis is complete and there now stands an egg bearing a 'superfacehugger' (this is all taken from the original alien film - the directors cut where we see brett almost completely changed into an egg near the end of the film)
as bughunt also said, the superfacehugger is capable of implanting more than one host, but its main purpose is to produce the embryo for a new alien queen.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

i gotcha now...i must have missed that somewhere

~ IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.
*evil predator laugh*

well, not many people know about that seeing as tey might not have seen the directors cut of alien or read any biological explanations on the process.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

thtrange aliens make thier mum and she makes them

i'm ok drone, not too bad, just really busy, working on some website at the mo...trying to redo darkness of acheron in flash intead of HTML....

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

AlphaAlienHunter, Undefined, 19 years ago

"facehugger will remain attached to a human host for anywhere between 4 to 6 hours before "releasing" the host."

As we know this to be true, in the avp movie how the heck did a facehugger impregnate the female in the sacrificial chamber in less than 10 min? The pyramid shifted, eggs were released, and pregnated, and then bursted out of her chest, only to have the pyramid change for the 2nd time! please answer this...Its been bugging me since 8/13/04!

Shibby!

Well I have read that the facehuggers tend to stay close to the hive due to the fact that they get weaker as they mover further and further away from the HIVE itself. its like the hive rejuvenates them or something

~All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen~

and to answer your question alphaalienhunter, I believe in times of need the facehugger can speed up the process of implantation and grotwh. And as the hive becomes larger the facehuggers slow down the impremation. like in alien, there was no urgent cause of threat even though there was no hive, in AvP I bet the genetics of the queen was used to spitting out eggs from being held captive for the rights of passage tests for the preds, so the hormones pass through the fachuggers which then step down to the chestbursters quickined growth, It was urgent that the aliens were ready for battle with the preds. this is just a thoery so dont get mad from this post people,

~All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen~

i like that theory drone worriar i dont think i spelled that right

how do u get a super facehugger and isnt this a question which came first the facehugger or the queen??

aliensigcopy.jpg