Franchise continuation

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Rumours still surfacing around the world wide web say that Alien 5, despite Sigourney Weavers
clear statement that she will not reprise her role as Ripley, will still push ahead.

Seeing the series push forward without it's heroine casts a large cloud on the direction the franchise could take, but if you strip the movies down to the nuts and bolts, you'll realise the true stars of the films themselves, are the Aliens.

I would more than welcome another addition to the series, with or without Ripley, it just means we are then graced with the presence of the ominous Xenomorphs once more, which for most fans, is more than enough.

To be honest, Ripleys last portrayal in Alien Resurrection was lacklustre and closure for the charcter would probably benifit any future plans for the series.

Personally, if there's any of you who have read the novels, i would love to see movie producers incorporate Wilks and Billy into any upcoming Alien movies, these two characters had me gripped in the few novels i had read, and would surely make for great on screen presences, obviously depending on who they cast for the roles.

Basically my question is, how do you see the franchise developing (If at all) Without Ripley?

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

god_of_blades, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

They totally screwed it up when they made the fourth one ALIEN: RESSURECTION.

Gobs_christmas_sig2.jpg
The Shadow Empire has consumed many worlds and realms now it comes for this world....

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Her true death was in the third installment. Resurrection is some lame way to just get back the character that defied the ways of the Alien in all ways. Alien 5 would do fine, with the right character. And Dave's suggestions is exactly what would make Alien 5 the best damned "true" Alien movie in the series. (AVP movies don't count... really...)

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I personally think the Alien franchise could still have a future without Sigourney. Really, Resurrection would have been a better movie without her in the first place. As far as I'm concearned, the true Ripley died on Fiorina 161 at the end of Alien 3...Ripley 8 was merely a poor carbon copy. As far as the franchise's future without her, it's quite uncertain at this point, although considering her age, she doesn't look like she would still fit the role of a space monster battling heroine any longer.

Personally, I think if they found the right actors & director, Alien 5 could still turn into something great...if it ever does in fact get made.

thorndesignssig.jpg

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

If you try and pick up some of the Aliens paperback novels then you'll end up loving these characters, basically they're replacements for Newt and Hicks.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Wait, Wilks and Billy? Are these actoresses to replace Ripley's character?

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.