Ridley Scott vs James Cameron

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Whos a better director?

lol dont just pit alien against aliens , think ....

Ridley = Alien, Hannibal, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, The duelists, blade runner and kingdom of heavon

Cameron = Terminator 1,2,3 Titanic, Avater

and finally , whos alien movie did you like best

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'm positive that Ridley Scott and James Cameron had nothing to do with eachother.
In making the sequel, Cameron changed the appearance of the Aliens to what he thought looked 'more interesting', and even expanded upon the cycle of the creatures by adding a Queen egg layer.
None of it was really planned, but simply one by one each new filmmaker added their own new ideas to the series.

Angus.jpg

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

As much as I love James Cameron, I have to go with Ridley Scott.

The man is an amazing writer/director, and has contributed more masterpieces to the motion picture mainstream. Alien, Black Hawk Down, Blade Runner, and Hannibal are each vastly different genres of film, all of which are immense achievements in film-making.
Also, some of which both inspired and paved the way for other film-makers (such as Christopher Nolan of Batman Begins and Memento fame.)

TO his credit, Cameron is also amazing, and did create The Terminator and The Queen Alien, but other than that, his career has slowed to a snail's pace. Whilst Ridley Scott continues to shine, and do what he does best.

Angus.jpg

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

he said it would be allowed to continue and i think cameron is better i have seen more of his movies than ridley scot movies

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL ARMON OMBAYAIE ARMON OMBYAIE for the weirdnesssess

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

sorry tang, i completely forgot about that rule, never really occured to me

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Kidd, Undefined, 17 years ago

I have to say, my favorite is Ridly Scott.

Why? Well, one thing for sure, most of the films I've seen made by him are history based, and I myself love history. Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven were the best movies I've seen that was in the time period with the Roman Legions and the Knights of Templar. The movie Blackhawk Down was the greatest war movie I've seen made by him so far. With the type of movies he makes, he tends to give the films a feeling of Action, or so how I feel about the movies.

Cameron on the other hand with his movie Titanic... I was nine years old and I dove right into it. I must have watched that movie over two-hundred times because I fell in love with the movie. I can't say why though.

I chose Ridly Scott because I've seen more films made by him instead of James Cameron, but I've seen alot of his Documentaries about the Titanic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the moment of action remember the value of silence and order.
-Phormio of Athens

rayne, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ridley = Alien, Hannibal, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, The duelists, blade runner and kingdom of heavon

ive seen gladiator 7 out of 10 black hawk down 10 out of 10 kingdom of heaven 8 of 10. So Rideley.

http://usera.imagecave.com/reptiliousmaximus/Sig5.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Definitely a tough one. Admittedly, I haven't really seen too many of Ridley's films, although I am a massive Cameron fan. There is not one of his movies that comes to mind as being bad or sub-par. Terminator, T2: Judgement Day, True Lies, Aliens, all fantastic films. As far as which Alien movie I prefer, I have to say Aliens without a doubt. Ridley's original masterpiece was what got the ball rolling, but Cameron's film took Ridley's vision & vastly expanded & improved on it, adding his own unique style in the process, & creating a film which has remained a cult classic 21 years after it's release.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Alienation, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hey Stalker, since you said that Cameron took Riley's idea for the second movie of alien and expanded more ideas, I got a question about it: were these 2 directors working with each other or something because in the movie Alien, it was only a drone. In Aliens there were warrior aliens. After that, the theories (including Crow's) states that a drone will transform into a warrior.

Does anybody get me? If you don't, I will try to put this in another way as possible: Were the directors planning this all along to first show a drone in the first movie, then a warrior in the second to try to make an evolutionary chain of the xenomorphs? Or was this a coincidence?

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
.::MESSAGEBOARD RULES::.
^click up there if new or do not want to go into trouble^

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yhis is an interesting 'vs.' topic. This will be an exception and allowed to continue.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules