Earth

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

In Rez when the ship auto pilots back to earth ..... they seem to detest the idea.

" Id rather stay here with the things man"

What do you suppose happened to earth to give them that perspective lol, i cant really imagine

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

Good catch there, killswitch. I noticed the same quote. I bet in that era, Earth bacame pretty much a trash can and everyone that was anyone moved out . It was a good way to keep the audience wondering. Then again, it was a lowlife mercenary who said that so that could also mean Earth became a Utopia that he didn't care for.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

I think that its posable that earth buy that point in time wouldbe on the verge of beeing un inhabitable due to global warming and other eloments like nuklear war etc. Id say it prety obveous that there has been atleas 1 majour war prier to the timeling of the A movies. when you look through existing history of fire arms the technolagy used, only realy gainsanye momentum during times of war as there isa grater damand for a more powerful weapon or 1 with higher fire rate depending on the theator of war.

looking at the pulce rifle and smart gun id gues a fast moveing urban based war was ither still going on or just finished as (pleas corect me if im wrong) in A2 some 1 said the pulce rifle wasa new moddle.

so in sumary id say that the planet has probably been ravaged buy the horrors of a nuklear war

Anarchysig.jpg

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

I always assumed Johner and his smart remarks towards Earth had something to do with him not only being a criminal, who would have to face the courts if caught on Earth, but also that the planet had fallen into some sort of decay or corruption. Perhaps he had rocky history there.
But honestly, in all likelyhood, it probably had no real depth or meaning to the story, and was just an amusing one-liner to show off the comedic talents of actor Ron Perlman.

Angus.jpg

lol when Johnar made that comment he wasent thinking about the well being of earth lol You could tell by the way he said it ,,, id say your second point is more than likely stalk

jbfjjjhrh.png

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

i said that and stalker you deleted your own post that makes me look like a noob

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL ARMON OMBAYAIE ARMON OMBYAIE for the weirdnesssess

yeah , both probably rite ...... lol have to say that crew were a slippery bunch .... dont think theyd enjoy customs , they are after all murderers just looking for a quick buck

jbfjjjhrh.png

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The whole idea was that if the Auriga made it back to Earth, the aliens would get loose & run rampant like a plague. Although Johner's comments did seem a little out of place in that situation. Either he was trying to be witty in some strange, abstract way, or he was too simple minded to see the bigger picture of the creatures reaching Earth. Although in the end, the crash of the Auriga ended up causing a colossal amount of damage anyway, completely obliterating the city of Paris.

The fact that the crew of the Betty had been smuggling contraband & other illegal "goods", & could have been wanted criminals on Earth could've had something to do with Johner's reason for not wanting to go back.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Lol, don't worry m8, I sorted it out. Sometimes I delete my posts & change them so people won't be responding to dated information while I'm in the middle of altering it.

thorndesignssig.jpg

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

i think they didnt want to go beacase they went against the law right maybe after 200 years punishment was much more...harsh

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL ARMON OMBAYAIE ARMON OMBYAIE for the weirdnesssess

Maby Earth has expanded in cities, creating more polution, violense, gang violense, money problems and more... Thats what I can think of.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.