alien distress call

ash, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

in alien they listen to the distress call, first is it the space jocky speaking or not? also if so it sounds a bit like a predator only as my opinion any ideas?

KillSwitchalien.png

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Some of the first Alien novels feature the space Jockys. They destroy or render the aliens disabled when they took over Earth with some kind of sonic blast mechanism.

It is speculated that the Jockey on the derilict was alone on his his journey, it was a cargo ship, delivering a batch of Xenomorph Eggs to an unknown destination when the protective barriers were breached and a facehugger managed to Escape, latching itself onto the Jocky, sealing his fate, it was then that the pilot made an emergency landing on the nearest planet, whilst sending out a distress singnal as a warning to anyone who would come close to Acheron (LV4-26)

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

aliens short? and what do they say in the novels? also would the alien from the space jockey look different to a normal warrior?

KillSwitchalien.png

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Not much, to my knowledge. No, not in the actual movie, but in a novel or special Aliens short.

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

oh ok thanks for the info there stalker i just think at the moment they should tell more about the space jockeys' in alien 5 or AVP2 also arnt space jockys' ever mentioned in the comics?

KillSwitchalien.png

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

As far as jockeys are concearned, we know practically nothing, & the wherabouts of the alien which chestbursted from the one found are also unknown. There was also sufficient technology available to have Kane frozen until he could be operated on, the freezing method was actually suggested by Parker soon after Kane had been brought back on board with the facehugger attached to him. Nobody had a clue there was a chestburster gestating inside of him though, & so did not actually follow through with the plan.

thorndesignssig.jpg

so was it a repeated message since it got over run by the alien because it said something about 12 seconds also as i just watched a bit of alien just now what would of happend if they froze dallas if that was his name would they be able to take him back preserved?
sorry but also as there was an alien coming from the space jocky were did it go? and what does anyone think about the voice of the space jocky it sounded almost predator like?

KillSwitchalien.png

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

It was a warning beacon which had been sent out by the space jockeys long ago, once the alien(s) had broken free & overtaken the ship. The fossilised space jockey which was discovered by the Nostromo's crew was the most likely sender of the call.

thorndesignssig.jpg