Sega Releasing Multiple Next Gen Aliens games

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

Sega have struck a deal with Fox to release a number of new Aliens games based on the movies. It will not include the AvP movie. Its been announced that one will be an FPS and one will be an RPG. Hopefully they team up with Monolith on the FPS.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7796

The Official Site is also up.

http://www.sega.com/aliens/index.php

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't know if you guys already knew about this but i found this info on a game that looks like a rip off of aliens, i found this on Alien Experience:

"Sega and Totally Games will be porting the classic arcade game, thought by most to be inspired by the Alien franchise, Alien Syndrome to both Sony's PSP and Nintendo's latest next-generation console, the Wii. Check out the article from GameSpot:

Yesterday, Sega announced that it would be publishing games based on the universe of the AlienAlien or any of its sequels. films. Today, the company revealed it will be releasing Alien Syndrome in 2007--a game about a heroine who takes on a dangerous race of outer-space inhabitants. However, though the similarities may be uncanny, this isn't the first game based on

Alien Syndrome is instead based on the classic Sega arcade game, which later made appearances on home consoles in the late 1980s. The game will be released on the Wii and PlayStation Portable simultaneously in the summer of 2007. The action role-playing game is being developed by Totally Games, which also worked on the space-flight-combat X-Wing series for the PC.

Playing as Earth Command Trooper Aileen Harding, gamers will take on more than 100 different types of aliens and learn new abilities and skills as they progress. Aiding players in their cause are 20 different weapons, including quad-barreled lasers, nanobot swarms, and more conventional flamethrowers.

Accompanying Aileen is an indestructible robot that serves as both an ally in battle and a vendor from which she can buy items. The robot can also upgrade existing weapons and can upgrade itself with new abilities.

The PSP version will feature cooperative play for up to four players through the handheld's Wi-Fi capabilities.

Sounds like an Aliens rip-off to me.

For even more information, check out the GameSpot interview with Totally Games president, Larry Holland."

And also, this has nothing to do with the game, i found out on alien experience that lol, an unidentified person has stolen an Alien siut from the Alien vs Predator 2 set! and the theif is trying to sell the alien suit on the net.

Zwecky_02.jpgResident Evil 4 Player of The Hive!
Messageboard Rules

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

hey, Segas last games they made werent for the dreamcast or genesis. That was their last console. THeir last games were the new Sonic games for the PS2. So they have more expeirience in making games now. Hopefully they do good with this one. Its gonna be for PS3 which hopefully im getting one tomorrow morning.

^_^ yey

AvP2dotcomSigPSD-5.gif

.::FORUM RULES & RPG INFORMATION::.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Actually, the next generation version of the re-made Sonic the Hedgehog is for the 360. And I'm hopefully getting a PS3 somewhere near January-February. Heheh, yeah.

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 17 years ago

Awsome!! Nice find weaponx, I cant wait!! I wonder what the RPG will be about, yeah hopefully they team with monolith to make a kick ass game.

resievil4b.jpgResident Evil 4 Player of Da Hive!
Messageboard Rules

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ahhh SEGA the good old days... I still have an old SEGA.... Don't play it much....

(xeno)
GOB.jpg

MessageboardRules

^click here if new^ href="http://www.flixter.com/comments/6917.html">>

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Nice find m8, although the fact that Sega will be involved with the Alien franchise is somewhat concearning, especially considering their past work.

thorndesignssig.jpg

They better not make a mockery of the RPG name.

Alienation, Undefined, 17 years ago

Good news, but I still wonder if they will put weird aliens like the K-series, preatorian, ravager, carrier, and any other weird aliens which I hope will not happen, I only want the drones, warriors, queens, and regular facehuggers.

Predaliens do not count since this is only based on the alien movies andnot the AVP game.

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
.::MESSAGEBOARD RULES::.
^click up there if new or do not want to go into trouble^

Well, there will undoubtably be a Predalien in the upcoming movie... why not?

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

I also found out that Sega is Publishing the games not developing them. Thank God. They made a mistake a posted who the developers were under the copyright section on the official site.

" In a slight goof, the copyright information at the bottom of Sega's Alien teaser page features the names Obsidian Entertainment and Gearbox Software. From here we can make a few educated guesses. Obsidian will no doubt be working on the RPG because of their experience with Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II and Neverwinter Nights 2. Meanwhile, Gearbox is best known for the Brothers in Arms series, but they've shown their Sci-Fi FPS metal before with the PC port of Halo and the PS2 port of Half-Life."

Personally id like to have seen Monolith for the FPS, but Obsidion is a great choice for the RPG.

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

I just heard about this on G4tv today. You beat me to it Weaponx.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."