I have a question about the queen alien

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Okay, in Alien 3, when the alien queen chestburster came out of Ripley, it looked like a regular alien, but in the special edition(i think) some of you said that it had a crown.

Then some you said that a queen is already a queen, meaning that the chestburster will already be a queen alien. But another one said that in time, a drone will evolve into a queen

So my question is: Which is the real theory, the drone that evolves into a queen, or the queen is already there as a chestburster?

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
.::MESSAGEBOARD RULES::.
^click up there if new or do not want to go into trouble^

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Every adaptation of the alien chestburster from Ripley in the third film has show it having a crown.

If you have seen and read about the special edition of the third film you'll know that the face hugger that produced the offspring was what has become widely known as a 'superfacehugger' Not only different in size but also has subtle differences in colour, this is the only way a queen is manifested by 'infecting' a host with the 'royal' embryo. Ignore the games and their approach on things, those of us who have literature official to the movie series will know that this is fabrication added to the Alien universe to attract more attention and expand on the types of species.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I was actually browsing one of gigers books yesterday, indeed he was the protagonist of the alien design, but after the many nightmarish designs he placed out there, most with deep sexual undertones, It was Ridley Scott who indeed had the final say on what the creature was to look like.

Basically, the best way to strip the films down to the bare bones is to pull out the quadrilogy and watch all of the special features and commentaries, then you'll get a better understanding of the biology and workings of the Xenomorphs. I'd do it myself soon, but going through all those Disks is damn hard work.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

haha,i can imagine a alien with a penis,lol

sig.jpgBloodlust and ten thousand years of bitter
hatred fuel these Forces of Chaos,driving their relentless crusade to destroy the Emperor and reduce His Imperium to ashes.Let the Galaxy Burn!

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

*nods* Yea, I'm not going to argue that his art is WAY off-base, but he is the creator of the xenomorphs, and the creatures that he has drawn recently are clearly xenomorphs, not those xenomorph blends which he made prior to the release of Alien.

It really does break down to opinion, I'm hoping Alien 5 will shed a little more light on all of this...but, then again, that'd take away some of the fun of it...

Crow-2.jpg

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I personally don't base my theories on Giger's art, despite the fact that he was the original designer of the xenomorph, some of his work is far too abstract & strange for me to consider it a canon source of info. In one of his works, an alien was personified as having entirely human-like genitals, & raping a woman, showing how far off the mark his work can seem when contrasted against the xenomorphs in the movies.

As far as the "mating" & "a-sexual" reproduction theories go, that's entirely down to speculation & personal opinion, as there is no concrete evidence that completely proves or disproves either one.

thorndesignssig.jpg

That's true, but it's much easier biologically to build upon what's already there -- it would be a much simpler process for a female drone to grow into a queen than to produce a new queen from scratch.

Plus, even if the xenomorph drones can produce super facehuggers, that's not to say that the queen herself might need a mate.

From my viewpoint, in order for the xenomorphs to have evolved and survived as much as they have, sexual reproduction is a must. -- Plus H.R. Giger's art portfolio "xenorotica" clearly shows xenomorphs with male genitals...

Crow-2.jpg

That's the only point of the theory which is speculation, whichever idea people want to believe is entirely up to them. If your theory on mating is correct, the creature could possibly have been procreating a potential mate to further populate the hive. Although since aliens have already been shown to reproduce a-sexually through the aforementioned "host transformation" method, it leads me to further believe that mating is not a necessity for them, & that the egg was that of a superfacehugger.

thorndesignssig.jpg

*nods* That's all entirely true, except that we don't know whether or not that egg produced from a human in Alien was a normal facehugger or a super facehugger.

Until we know whether or not that egg was normal or super, either of those theories can stand *shrugs*

Crow-2.jpg

As far as re-populating a hive goes, a solitary drone is capable of infecting a captured organism & eventually moulding their body into that of an egg. From this egg, a superfacehugger is procreated, in the hopes of rebuilding the hive. Superfacehuggers vary wildly from their more common counterparts, being well over a metre in length, & having a legspan of almost 2 feet, they are larger & more powerful than the standard variant. Implanting embryos into 2 seperate victims, the superfacehugger dies shortly therafter.

The first embryo to be implanted will slowly develop into a queen chestburster inside it's host, which takes quite a bit longer that the development of a standard chestburster, while the second embryo will become a regular adult, serving as the queen's guard until she has birthed & matured enough to begin laying eggs. The queen chestburster itself is roughly the same size as the standard variant, although it has small, undeveloped arms, & the crest which will one day form into her majesty's mighty crown is in the early stages of development atop it's head. The creature is also rumoured to have small legs as well, although this is unconfirmed as they weren't seen in the movie.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

lol havent seen the theatrical realease of alien 3since 1997 , its just hard to select the theatrical releases these days when youve got the specail edition versions rite beside them

agreed , bird aliens and shark aliens make me sick ,lol NO NO my friends that a drone.

Though i have to dissagree with D on the games ...... not much of a gamer myself but if you play the games (Not Concrete Jungle) they stay quit true to the movies especially extinction in the superface hugger department you just described ...... but i still say you go to the movies first .... then novels , then games and comics

But as you guys know , i try my hardest to some how intertwine the whole thing and make it work lol rarely does

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

donut, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well, I think the comics and books aren't canon because they are all written by different people who throw their own material in and misconstrue things from the movies o3o
but, thats just my opinion x3

857888.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Perhaps, but if you think about it, if a drone can become a queen, then there would be absolutely no reason for a drone to even produce a super facehugger egg on its own. Plus, since super facehuggers are obviously more complicated on a biological and genetic scale, it's more sensible that a lone drone can only produce typical facehuggers before growing into a queen.

Canon means that it's considered to be accurate information and solid material, which isn't questionable.

In other words, proof.

So far, the only genuine information involving xenomorphs is the films (meaning Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and AvP.

Crow-2.jpg

avpunlimited, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

So maybe when there never was a queen, the drone turns a person into a super-egg.

But when the queen dies prematurely, a female drone must turn into a queen.

avpunlimitedpb9.png
These warriors believe that pain is weakness leaving the body, killing some one is strength interring the body, and to DIE fighting, is an unlimited amount weakness leaving, and an unlimited amount of strength interring, the body.......

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

ok, I got you, but I have an off topic question that makes me sound like a noob, but what does canon mean?

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
.::MESSAGEBOARD RULES::.
^click up there if new or do not want to go into trouble^

avpunlimited, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The chest burster. The drone can't turn into a queen, or it would have in alien, instead it turned a human, into a super-egg.

avpunlimitedpb9.png
These warriors believe that pain is weakness leaving the body, killing some one is strength interring the body, and to DIE fighting, is an unlimited amount weakness leaving, and an unlimited amount of strength interring, the body.......

Well, there is no real answer to this, because the drone growth (really they don't evolve, they just grow) theory is more or less just a theory based on the patterns of a Termite colony.

In my opinion, the answer is both.

The queen chestburster is entirely canon, but it makes sense for the drones to be able to grow into queen xenomorphs as well.

This is also backed up by the illustrations created by H.R. Giger displaying xenomorph drones with female genitalia.

Also, we have seen a xenomorph drone (assumed to be female) turn other organisms into eggs (we don't know if they were normal facehuggers or super facehuggers). It would only make sense that they can go the extra mile if they can already produce eggs on their own. This would also explain why they would make normal facehugger eggs -- they would need other drones around before growing into a queen.

Just think about it -- if a xenomorph queen is prematurely killed without any super facehuggers laid, there would be no way for a xenomorph colony to survive. That just sounds way too simple to me.

As far as natural growth is concerned, it would obviously be best for a hive to gain a new queen through a facehugger, because acquiring one through drone growth (caused by lack of pheromone suppression by the queen) would be extremely destructive -- with so many female drones in a xenomorph hive competing for one position, it would be a bloodbath.

We have assumed that xenomorph drone males become warriors, I don't see why the females would be put at such a dead end in their caste system.

In my opinion, the queen chestburster is the natural (and safe) way to go to replace xenomorphs in a hive, but female drones are the means to populate new regions (since they're mobile), as well as serve as an emergency means of replacement should there be no super facehuggers present.

Crow-2.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

lol actually mate , in the special edition the alien never poped out of ripley atol , which i liked alot better ,,, it was much more ralistic as in the theratrical release ripley was very still and didnt look to be going through any great deal of pain while the chestburster emerged it was a great scene though and a fitting end to the franchise as ripley draged the last remaining alien to its death (Movies not Comics) .....

I think Queens are bourn Queens ..... regardless of having a dome or enlarged crown or not .... the queen extracted from ripley in Rez didnt have any features that dispalced it from a normal chest buster

cannon is more about opinion and point of view than anything..... it has nothing to do with the ability to back your thought up .... Crow , Cannon to you is the movies ... thats all , backing up still dosent convince you so its pointless to state that

i like to be a little more , umnm wider minded and respect both sides of our awsome franchise

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png