Explosive Set Pod?

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

I havent made a topic in.......FOREVER, and now i have a question finally.

In the pred movies(and the one game)Jungle Hunter was sent by pod, and City Hunter was sent by ship. And The pred off of Predator: CJ set the ship to detonate instead of its own nuke. Would the pod be similar to the ship in the way of making it detonate instead of the preds own nuke?

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Deathdrop, Yautja, 17 years ago

We can probably assume they can detonate the ships/pods/etc. as well. They're supposed to be protective of their technology, so it would make sense.

deathdrop1.jpg

Kidd, Yautja, 17 years ago

Hmmmm. I just thought up of something, but it is just a thought. I know we have been talking about the Yautja Nuke for quite awhile and this topic got me to thinking. We all know the the Yautja Nuke have a large blast radius, right? We also know that they rather destroy any signs of thier trace, right?
Some of us thought, the blast radius is to kill his prey when he is not able to. Some of us thought, the blast radius is to wipe out any signs of their precense. (Samething as first, but different reason.)

Well then, this is what I have come up with.
We all seen on Predator: CJ what the nuke did to the city, and in the aftermath, you could only see rubble of the once magnificant city, but WHAT IF the ship was landed in an open desert? Nothing for miles all around, not even an oasis can be seen in the distant. If you set the bomb on the ship to go off out in the middle of the desert, what do you expect to happen? The ship to blow up, right? Of course, but also, the nuke is so powerful, the ship is engulfed into the explosion, causing the ship to vaporize as nuke explodes out to the immidiat vicinity, destroying all that once stood. In the aftermath, we don't know what happen to the ship, but we do know that the explosion was so great, it could cause some great damage.

Now that I told you what I thought, I am still having trouble with it. You know what we have seen in the game of Concrete Jungle, the city basically collapsed during the explosion but we don't know what happen to the ship. Is it 100% destroyed, or are there still some that remains buried underneath the city? My thought is about, what can the nuke do to for the Yautja to erase it's precense after being seen of it's ship?

I'm sorry if it confused you all, but I'm too tired to use proper wording and sentence structure to make it simpler.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the moment of action remember the value of silence and order.
-Phormio of Athens