Runner

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hey, did y`all notice how fast the runner grew in ALIEN3? The chestburster just got out and 2 seconds later it was already a runner bigger than the dog!
And another thing, the AvP2 runners are stupidly designed, because they are considerebly smaller than a drone, but the runner in ALIEN3 was just as big, only it had shorter hands, i think, and another colour.

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

oops, i was blown out

=D

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site, its in construction but you can become a mod if you do!

GalvergDsig.png

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

The Oxe was used in the special edition of A3. Nuff' said, because that explains it all.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

I know they at least thought about using a dead ox body for the aliens host, and I think it might've even been in the special edition of Alien3, but what I was talking was if it can really be considered the true if it was only the special edition.

As for the AvP2 runner, you have think about it from a game designer point of view. The only you can be a runner is in multiplayer, so there's 5 opinions you can use when you're in a alien Lifecycle match.
1)create a dog character, which just seems stupid thinking about it.
2)Create NPC dogs all around the maps, which would make becoming a runner too easy.
3)Remove the runner, which would give aliens only 2 classes, which is too little
4) Remove the lifecycle matches, which will make the game MUCH less fun
or 5)Change the rules so the runner can be made by facehugging the corporates, which, though making the game even less of a canon source, does help make the game fun

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Well they could have used the ox, they could have made a guy with a herd of oxes in stead of a dog, or something, but the ox would have been harder to ignore than the dog. Ripley would have noticed that there was something wrong with it.

Hm... And the AvP2 runners didn`t even have a place to come from, cause in the whole game there isn`t even one dog!!! There is a monkey, but not ONE dog!

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

ash, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yeah why didnt they use the ox in it then, i watched the one were they do use it and then the size would make more sense.

if ur an alien fan then you can come to me and ask to join our clan

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't like the colour of the runners but their size i don't mind....

GOB.jpg

MessageboardRules

^click here if new^

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

The AvP2 design actually made more sense than that of the Alien3. There's no way a creature that came out of a dog that big can look just as big as one from a human. Now, the original idea was to make the alien come from an ox, but since they didn't use it in the original, can it really be considered canon?

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Cutm3up hes talking about the runners in the AVP2 computer game, which I agree they are poorly designed, but you always can go out and get some new game skins for the AVP2 game, and for the movie runner, well you could say that because it's more of a guard of the queen and not a drone it grows differently...

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

yeah, but i doubt hardly anyone here has seen the avp2 runner, and it probably isnt even confirmed

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site, its in construction but you can become a mod if you do!

GalvergDsig.png