Was Grid Alien Really an Alpha Male?

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

When I first came here and was reading some forms, I read that some members said that Grid Alien was an alpha alien. They also said that it was a little bigger than the other drones. Is it true?

ALienationSig.jpg

I AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
.::MESSAGEBOARD RULES::.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

u have a point

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I wouldn't take "alpha" literally. He's mainly called that because he seemed to be "in charge" so to speak.

deathdrop1.jpg

Mishmuf, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

He didn't seem bigger than a normal drone, but he is called the alpha drone because he killed both Chopper a Celtic. Not to mention he's the only alien to really have a name.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

i am not sure i dont thinnk it aws a drone or a alpha male i think it was most likly a worroir or somthing like that maybe a preatorain

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

It takes an estimated 2 weeks for a drone to mature into a warriror, The aliens had not been at large for more than a few hours.

And transfering Book to movie is normally where half of the translation is lost. There were so many things in the book that were completely different (And better) than Andersons vision. To name one - in the book there were 5 predators, not three.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

But will it still be a little visible to our eyes?

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
^click up there if new^

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Technically, since the dome supposedly tightens around the inner bony ridges of the head, the scars would actually still be there even after he had become a warrior.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Angus_Alien, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

But that would require the loss of his done and those nifty checker cuts all over it. lol

Angus.jpg

Me too, he wpould surely stand out of the other drones.

ALienationSig.jpgI AM THE WARRIOR ALIEN OF THE HIVE
^click up there if new^

Yeah, but that didn't seem to have any kind of significance in the movie. In the book Grid was said to have been much larger, etc, etc. but in the movie he was exactly the same as his counterparts. In my opinion, if Anderson really wanted to individualise him & show that he was the dominant of the pack, they should have made him a warrior. It would have worked much better in my opinion.

thorndesignssig.jpg

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Read the novel, simple as that. 'Grid' (God it's so childish giving the alien a name) was the first born alien when the queen was relaesed from her frozen tomb, hence it being the leader - the 'Alpha' which it is consistantly refered to in the book.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Although Grid was dubbed the "alpha", he was probably only given the title for his impressive victory over Celtic & Chopper. The only way to tell him apart from the others was by the grid-like scar left by Celtic's net, which was the only way Anderson said he could individualise him.

thorndesignssig.jpg

There have always been continuity errors regarding a drone's transition into a warrior. Despite the fact that certain victims were actually being chestbursted & drones were emerging during the time that the marines were investigating Hadley's Hope, not a single drone was spotted.

In Grid's case, the chemical that was pumped into the queen's body which caused her offspring's lifecycles to advance at an accelerated rate could have possibly aided him in "moulting" into a warrior at a much faster rate. Although I suppose the chemical would have affected the other aliens in the same way. There's another continuity error in itself, lol.

thorndesignssig.jpg

i think mishmuf has a point he was the only alien with a name and he did all the fighting. like the action figures that came out the other aliens were like Battle Alien, and Warrior Alien which i thought the other aliens should of had names to clarify one from another

ScarredYautja12celticsig.jpg