Space Jockey?

ash, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Its been two years now and i still dont know what the space jockey is all about apart from the fact that they had a war against the predators, also they dont look like they can do much from what they look like and with the creation of the xenomorph how did the space jockey start this war against the predators. and what is with that giant telescope thing in alien lol????

P.S i dont know if what i said is true or not.

index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hbGllbnZzcHJlZGF0b3IyLmNvbS9jb21tZW50cy9c\"
if ur an alien fan then you can come to me and ask to join our clan

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

lol read the topic .... no ones really considering the fact that predators created aliens

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
12123Shadow.png

lol very true....sigh

makes for great disscusion though lol you dont see topics like this about Predators lol

cough . I still say liquids AVP owned any topic to ever reach the main board here lol cough *

12123Shadow.png

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yeah there is that too it, but then i guess they all differ from movie to movie, that's half the problem.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Ok thanks for the information.

predatorsignature.jpg

Well if you look how the xenomprth actually is there are alot of biological trates about it such as acid for blood for e.g and the fact that they come out with different forms from different hosts mean things of unstable transformation if you know what i mean lol.

aliensig2.jpg\"

yeah, id certainly prefer to stick by that therioy myself .......

Or just capture the F**king writter and question the guy

Alienavp2siggsmallercopy.png

yeah me too, though its the other way around, the comics are an elaberation of the movies

Technoligy and transbort
It has been theorized by fans that the Space Jockeys can grow spaceships organically. See the article on the Derelict for more information on that GeeZa.

Heres a little arguement for ya .....

The cargo hold of the Space Jockey's ship was filled with eggs of xenomorph facehuggers (the first stage in the xenomorph life cycle), which were held in stasis beneath a blue mist. It has been theorized by fans that the Space Jockeys created the xenomorphs because of the similarities in design between the biomechanical spacecraft and the hostile aliens, and because in the expanded Alien universe, it has been acknowledged in different literature that they were responsible.

The novelization by Alan Dean Foster, on the other hand, states that Space Jockeys found them on LV-426, and there has been no conclusive evidence shown in the feature film series supporting that the Space Jockeys created the Xenomorph strain of alien. Clearly, however the Space Jockeys have advanced technologyâ€â€enough to send messages through space over great distances. One of these reached the Nostromo, whose crew thought it was a distress call from the derelict craft. However, when they reached LV-426 and set out on an expedition to investigate, they learned that the message was intended to warn them about the Xenomorphs.

In the director's commentary of Alien, Ridley Scott makes a small reference to why the Xenomorphs are on the Derelict. According to Scott, his vision was that the Xenomorphs were a weapon created by the Jockeys and that the ship found on LV-426 was a transport vessel, a "battle wagon", carrying the Xenomorphs to an unknown destination. Scott also makes note that he would like to make "an Alien 5 or 6" where the audience would be privy to the home planet of the Xenomorphs, but makes no reference to whether this is the same planet that the Jockeys hail from.

So the question is were the Xenos created or just discovered ??? lol , id go with Ridley

Bootydaddy, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

so the alien is not originally made by predators thousands years ago....

as one of the reader mentioned that predator is a time travel race, I believe it could help the writer to have a huge flexibility to create the storyline about Predators, so we may able to see many of those 'predator vs.' movies at the future....?

The master pred is back!

I dunno, that's always been a biggy for me, i've always liked to beleive the aliens had evolved and were a natural species of sorts, but if you look at the evidence and watch some of the special features on the quadrilogy etc, you find out the general mythos is that of the aliens being created by the Jockys for the purpose of war.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

hmmmmm i like the theory about the queen being the one taken from aline in the avp film and the whole story, its wierd how all the films have parts from comics ect. which makes things more interesting for us fans also how do jockeys travel, they look really lazy to even start a war against predators lol

aliensig2.jpg\"

yup, Id say D has nailed it

wierdly enough , according to Gigers Space Jockey, the later drawing, Space Jockeys and Aliens look quit simmilar... id love to have seen that alien

Though if you believe the preds shot the ship down and took the queen ..... then it would have been a queen anyway , and an exceptionally large one ... mm like the exceptionally large one we all complained about in avp hehe which might just support my idea of that queen being taken back to earth and used for predator rituals

In respect, the alien wouldn't be that much different from your usual 'drone' i'd say there would definately be a size difference and some kind of mutation along the way, but still major simularities to the alien we all know and love.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

wow i didnt think ide get such a reply but hey it answered some of my questions lol also in alien the jockey had a whole in it from a chestburster, so what alien would come from a space jockey?

aliensigagain.jpg\"

I don't know where you got the information about the space jockeys fighting with the predators, I dont know much about that, but from what I can tell from the first movie, is that the space jockeys created or found the aliens and used the aliens to help make their technology, and/or as weapons, Not much else I know. They were intelligent though, they were smart enough to send a warning beacon out to others to stay away from the planet. As for that gaint telescope thing, its most likely a computer, maybe the one they used to set up the beacon.

predatorsignature.jpg

It all depends on what you consider to be cannon.

Various sites litterd across the net will tell you that the 'jockys' were engaged in a terrible war with the Predators, and losing too. To combat this they came up with the creation of the ultimate kilers to aid them in their ailing war - the Xenomorphs.

On a routine cargo ship (The derelict from Alien) the Jockys were taken by suprise when the hold was breached and the aliens escaped, thus crashing the freighter onto a nearby planet, one we all know as Acheron (LV4-26)

Many believe the Space jockys to be highly evolved space travelers, passive in nature but with highly advanced intellects, other again beleive they were caught in an unfortunate war with the Predators and mearly sought a means of turning the tables on the hunters by creating the Xenomorphs (Which in turn back fired on not only both species, but presumably, the universe)

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

lol damn , you beat me too it

Depend what resources you want to believe really, The preds were indeed at war with the Jockeys PREDATOR.
Anyway, i personally love the comics, and own nearly all of them, Problem is they contredict themselves, the initial strips would have you believe that whilst the Jockeys (Who owned most of the galaxy) were continuing to strech their empire were at war with the predators for obvious reasons, the Jockey who had meet there match created the alien race to defeat the predators ...

Yet the later strips would have you believe that the Jockeys and Predators were at war over the possesion of a queen alien, suggesting that the aliens werent created for destroying the predators, basically the preds wanted a Queen so they coukld coomplete there blooding rituals ..... In fact the alienship in ALIEN had actually been shot down by the Predators who captured the Alien Queen and took here to earth (AVP the movie) ** ever wondeded were the Queen was in ALIEN,. lol also meaning the all powerful creature that was the original drone is actually the offspring of the avp movie Queen

The comics way of explaining the Mass Time diffrences was that the predators were a time travelling race ... very brief , only comic books rite

I love both ideas . believe which ever you want ... lol and AVP prequal would be great ... including all the happenings in the second

Lol, welcome back Killz.

As we both said, it really does depend on what you take as gospel, those who know me will recognise that i only tend to delve deep into the movies and use them as a yard stick to post up my 'factual' information and opinions. I know Bug is a big fan of the alien novels, some of which i've read myself, they actually delve into some of the history behind the Space Jockys - i think it's possibly 'Earth war' that features the Jockys in at some point, not sure, my alien novel history is a little hazy.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Cheers GeeZa

Yeah it is ... and i have to agree ...... Comics, books, toys whatever ..... there all elaberations on the movies.

Ridley actually mentions the Jockeys a few times in the bounus disks for the Alien Quadrilogy, nothing in great depth though

Maybe AvP2 will have some mention of em, that would be great