Giving items/weapons

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

In AvP The elder pred gave lex his combi-stick.
So for the situations where the clan must pick up a pred, do they always give the person who killed the pred a item/weapon? I know in Pred2 they give Danny a gun that wasnt of pred technology, but if the preds do give someone a pred item/weapon, do you think they think of all the possibilities & worry about being uncovered or getting their tech reverse engineered?

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

I knew that (which I think we all did), but the main question in mind was if Lex would research the spear given to her to create a replica of Concrete Jungle. In my opinion, no, I don't think she would. The one girl (forgot her name), wanting revenge for her husband, did the research and created the incident -- she stole it. Lex, on the other hand, was given it as a sign of high respect. I don't even think she survived long enough in the antarctic to get back to civilization safely. I think she had hypothermia even before the Queen appeared.

EDIT: I accidentally said Lucrecia.

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

I wasnt talking about the actual CJ story happening in 2004. I gave AvP as an Example. Also the storyline for CJ in the game happened in the future. I meant something like CJ would probably happen if the preds gave someone an item and that person reversed engineered it. And you dont exactly know ho intellegent preds are, they could have thought "this could backfire on us" but we dont know if they did. I am asking if they would think twice about giving a peice of pred tech to someone who was considered worthy.

Although if you meant humans arent smart enough, i am sure it wouldnt be inpossible to reverse engineer something.

new-Black-sig.jpg

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

I remember saying something like that a while back. Predator's hunting equipment only represents their most basic of technology, we have yet to see what they are truly capable of.

thorndesignssig.jpg

I'm not sure how well predator technology could be deciphered simply from a combistick, as it is one of their more basic huntingt tools, & I'm sure much of their equipment has advanced tamper-proofing mechanisms installed to prevent their technological secrets being revealed. Although I doubt Lex would have tried to have the combistick deciphered in the first place.

Also, Bloo, it was Isabella Borgia you were thinking of.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Crow, Yautja, 17 years ago

Hmm...well, I don't think Yautja hunting technology is a very good example of how advanced they are technologically -- their equipment is obviously made of superior metals, and the technology is very sound and efficient, but that doesn't make it top of the line.

We have to remember that the technology we've seen (aside from the yautja ships and medical packs) are made for hunting purposes only. Just like how we still have bows for hunting, I'm sure the yautja are using a watered-down form of tech for their gear when they embark on hunts for lesser creatures. Chances are they don't even go hand-to-hand outside of hunts.

Heh...I just had a REALLY grim thought: What if the yautja only gave Lex that weapon at the end of AvP so she could kill herself before dying of hypothermia?

Crow-Banner.gif?t=1165440971
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 17 years ago

at the end of AvP when the Preds left, Lex was shown overhead, and she started walking, if you look in the direction she was walking you'de see some lights on some kind of truck or vehicle of some kind that she could drive back to the Boat which was still there and get off of Antarctica. So she didn't die of hypothermia

HPsig.jpg

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~

Okay, Crow, seriously... now you're bringing back flash-back-thoughts of that drawing Donut drew out you. That hideous smile... It's worse than thinking about if Freddy likes eating toilet paper. And that's not even the funny part.

00Bloo_sig04.png

shadowatching, Yautja, 17 years ago

i think that in their minds they would say "no one would believe me " and if she did go to the government think about it she would die cuz the government would use her as bait against the yautja

but thats a good question

Shadowatching_02.jpg

TOTAL DISTRUCTION, I LIVE FOR NOTHING ELSE
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

I didnt mean Lex in particular, but everyone who would have gotten a pred weapon or something.

I guess with the thing you said it would kinda turn into a Predator: Cj situation where the preds go to recover they're reverse engineered tech.

new-Black-sig.jpg

shadowatching, Yautja, 17 years ago

u used lex as a reference and i did the same thing just take lex or she and put some name or him in it

Shadowatching_02.jpg

TOTAL DISTRUCTION, I LIVE FOR NOTHING ELSE
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Well, I think that was just a reference to older Predator movies, and I don't even think they ever thought of Predator: Concrete Jungle at the time. I always forget which one came out first, too.

00Bloo_sig04.png

Cj came out after AvP. if that is what you meant Bloo.

What i meant with the Cj situation was just the ways it could turn out if something happened.

new-Black-sig.jpg

FireAnt, Yautja, 17 years ago

only seen both the pred movies ounce

with the Pred movie in the city where they give him the gun he actually killed the Predator but in AVP she didnt kill the Predator she helped him or joined him.

Maybe giving him a gun showing he is a warrior for his race and defended well and with AVP she is a warrior for the Predators or she is one in their eyes.

maybe that it jsut came to my head when i was reading this.

In that case, I don't even think they even considered thinking about the possibilities of what would happen if Lex' was given a piece of Predator equipment. It just adds to the final effect of the movie.

00Bloo_sig04.png

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

It has been written that giving Yautja weapons to humans is looked down upon, but there are exceptions, as a sign of respect, for example.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

It is a show of respect to exchange a weapon between a predator & a human. In Predator 2, Harrigan managed to finally topple the hunter after an ongoing & treacherous battle, for him to be able to overcome such incredible odds against a superior opponent would prove to the elders that it was worth letting him live to hunt again in the future, & as a sign of respect for his combat abilities, he was handed the antique 1715 pistol.

Lex on the other hand aided Scar in his escape from the pyramid during the blooding ritual, & aided in battling against the aliens, including the queen, showing that she was also a formidable warrior. The elder's combistick was presented to her as a sign of respect for her strong will & survival instinct, as well as a token of appreciation for aiding Scar in his quest, even if he didn't survive in the end.

thorndesignssig.jpg

They were at the South-friggin'-Pole. How do you know whether the boat survived or not? It's all in what lies in store for... fan-based stories. That's right. Fan-fiction. Because AVP2 will clearly have different actors/actresses and a 75% chance of having a better story.

00Bloo_sig04.png

predalienking, Yautja, 17 years ago

true that true that and no i dont tink cj would happen that was 2004 they arent smart enogh

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL