How Big is the radius of the predator's bomb?

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Sorry if I was hardly posting, but it's like every question is answered. Sorry if this question was asked but I was curios about how big the blast of the predator bomb could go to. I think it would be like 100 miles I think.

ALienationSig.jpg
I am the Warrior alien of the Hive

MESSAGE BOARD RULES

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

wasnt it Stan Winston? Anyone got his email? lol

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well 2 me its unknowen. i guess u gotta ask the person who made da predator up lol

TimePredatorPSD.gif

TIME TO KILL!!!

Well my dad explained that one to me. He said that for certain blasts getting below it like dutch did could save you. I'm inclined to believe him being a 22year former marine. But the ice does pose a question if it could wipe out 2000ft of Ice why would a ditch save Dutch? well... either movie magic or the pred's (in Predator} nuke was smaller, maybe, due to the surroudings{a forest not to much ice or city buildings to blast through) or that he had a rather barebones equipment list (In my opinion all he really needed) so not too much stuff to destroy with a blast

Na Zdrowie!

Kidd, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I asked a similar question before and I was comparing it to Dutch running from the Predator's Wrist Nuke on the first movie.

The characters in the Predator 2 movie. They said it was roughly 30 city blocks (I may have mistaken.) Now if you see AVP, the blast was alot greater than the first movie. So this was the answer that I got. The Blast Radius can be control by the Yautja, by pressing various buttons on the wrist nuke. You want it big enough to destroy your prey and at the same time not big enough if you are in a Yautja Hunting Party. don't want to hurt your clan mates.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wars are the Dread of Mothers

ELDER, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i agree ,,but im sure that the bomb use yautja is small nuke so they totally move quickly..

imagine alien ,pred or people carried a big nuke !!! and say i destroy u all!!

he's crazy!!!

predatoress, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Bah, not good hunting spirit. We should live by the blade and stealth, not shoot and bomb everything including ourselves in atoms.

new-Predess-sig.jpg

There‘s something worse than aliens, predators or marines...

What is it?

Me.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

In Predator 2, Keyes mentioned that the blast radius was large enough to destroy 300 city blocks, & in AVP, the explosion ripped through 2000ft of solid ice, so that seems like a pretty good estimation.

The self-destruct is only used as a last possible resort in the event that the Predator might be killed or captured during a hunt, as their species' existence would then be exposed.

thorndesignssig.jpg

The Blast Range is easily Mark like Stalker said. if it can go through 2000ft of SOLID! ice that means the Predator's Wrist Bomb is one strong mutha f**ka. The way it blows up such as seen in AVP in the flash back where it blows up really big and covers that much area. It is Strong as a possablly 3 or 5 megatonn Nuke. With out the heat.

xeno_slayer, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

stalker, wouldnt a giant nuclear explotion get some people asking questions?

if it is indeed to prevent the yautja's exposure would it not be more effeciant to have a smaller bomb, just big enough to destroy the yautja?

crazynessownyousig.bmp.jpg
"You can cook a mans supper with electricity and you can also cook the man."
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Mishmuf, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well, it's not only for identity protection, but also a kamikaze attack to destroy the warrior that defeated you. And, just incase you remove your mask and leave it somewhere else, the explosion will take care of it.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The massive blast radius is to ensure the death of the predator's killer/captor. Meaning that even in the event that they managed to get to a vehicle & attempt an escape, the massive explosion from the self-destruct would more than likely kill them anyway.

Which brings into question how Dutch could have possibly survived at the end of the first movie, as I find it extremely hard to believe that simply diving into a ditch for cover would actually save someone from an atomic blast.

Probably just another one of those "magic movie moments".

thorndesignssig.jpg