Alien Rez ..... underated ???

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

well was it ??? Why dont you like this one ?

i have a new opinion on this having whatched the disk and the making of the movie the other night ... but il let you all fill me in first

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

I thought Resurrection was actually sad....the human emotion defnitely wasn't as high as Aliens (I'm now stating as my favorite of the franchise), but it was almost heartbreaking seeing what remained of Ripley: a clone that didn't even remember a person she once saw as a daughter (Newt). There are plenty of scenes in the extended edition that support this. Aside from that, the creatures looked spectacular, I still watch the scene where the aliens in the cage tear apart their sibling to escape over and over again, simply cool.

AVPFREAK.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

That reminds me of the edited scene in Aliens, where Ripley is sitting in the room with the hologram projection of the forest behind her, I always thought that it would be wild if aliens would be in a forest attacking people, Like in one of the AVP books that happens, I believe its Hunter's planet. Never knew they were going to film a scene like that, thanks for posting that dave.

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Meh, i've been playing basketball for years, those types of shots really aren't that hard to do, it's just basically a prayer once you throw it up. You've gotta also have a feel for where the rim is at too.

Anyways, Res, despite all it's imperfections, did make me happy enough at the time of it's release, though i'm still desperate to see the lost 'Hells garden' scene that was cut from the movie with the Xenomorphs ambushing the Crew of the Betty in the artificial Gardens within the Auriga, from what i've read, it sounded awesome.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Skystalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Although you still have to admit, that shot ripley made was amazing, (if the rumor is true about her actually doing that, since the ball did go out of the shot.) The newborn im not going to mention, but i think the end of Rez was actually pretty good, I've never actually thought you could do that with a chestburster. (OW...)

Yautjasig2.png
Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel
Which smoked with bloody execution.

To put it lightly, we all know who the daddy
of the series is........

'I like to keep this handy, for close encounters'

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Resurrection had it's high & low points, the actual xenos were fantastic, looking incredibly realistic & extremely menacing, although they seemed to ditch their "silent ambush" tactics from the previous films in most cases & became like roaring dinosaurs, which was something of a shame, although it did give them an increased sense of feral power & ferocity.

Ripley 8 wasn't anywhere near as interesting as her predecessor either, rather being a much cheesier character, & having many strange, & at times almost erotic moments involving the aliens, which was just too damn strange in my opinion, even though the original film had subtle sexual nods. The reason for those situation was obviously dur to her being part alien in the film, although it still became irritating at times.

The overall dark, bleak tone of the film worked in it's favour, & did create a few truly tense & creepy moments, although this was offset by some relatively boring characters & cheesy dialogue. The thing that killed the film for me though was the introduction of the newborn, a complete spit in the face of the entire franchise. To rub salt into the already gaping wound created by it's appearance, the creature killed the queen within it's first 30 seconds of screen time, which I thought to be subconsciously fairly disrespectful to the past films. The creature itself was a walking disgrace to the xenomorphs, looking like a giant, vomit stained tea-pot with arms & legs, & big puppy dog eyes for the audience to sympathize with. Admittedly, the newborn had it's creepy moments, but that doesn't change that it was an absolutely horrible element of the franchise which most of us have likely pushed into the far recesses of our minds in an attempt to forget all about.

Alien Resurrection was a reasonable film overall, but can't hold a candle to the other films in the franchise in my opinion.

thorndesignssig.jpg

cheers lad , nevermind , i was about to slander one of the scenes at the end of rez , but i was wrong lol

jbfjjjhrh.png

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Um...acids vary in strength based on how low their pH is...so some acids would melt glass, others wouldn't.

In the case of the xenomorphs, yes, their acid would melt the glass. The only exception to this is if the glass was created with a base with an even higher pH than the acid.

Crow-2.jpg

lmao yeah spot on with the humour .... i mean alien 3 had bits you couldnt help but snigger at , but the humour in alien rez was was just so F**king chessy and blatant

"The diabolical storyline and poor adaptation of what most of us were looking forward to as the 'King' alien turned out to be a regurgitated piece
of turd."

Lmfao, you have a way with words!!

Yeah the under water scene was great, lol was a scary prospect for the cast since the tank was 12 foot deep and it had a roof , basicall there were guys with oxgen hosses at either side of the take and they would swim , act ,and then get oxygen.... lol no swimming to the surface *Shivers* i F**ken hate water so if i was in that movie i would have had to have been killed before that scene lol

*Question, does acid melt glass

jbfjjjhrh.png

The dark humour, OMG, what a terrible addition to a once gritty and hardcore movie series.

The diabolical storyline and poor adaptation of what most of us were looking forward to as the 'King' alien turned out to be a regurgitated piece
of turd.

Although, just on the basis of having Ripley in the Movie automatically made it better than AVP, whic was, shoddy at best.

Alien Res. did have some great scenes and shots of the Xenomorphs though, the holds they were in and the scenes with Gedimen were memorable, not to mention the fantastic underwater parts.

In all, they could've gone another route with this film, the much rumoured dream scenario would've been a real winner with hardcore fans of the Second film by bringing back Hicks and Newt.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

lol , it was flat out amazing ... i despized it before because i thought it kind of raped the franchise ..... It didnt stay true to the others atol .... Its sort of just extracted the action vibe from aliens which is great but the lighting takes from the movie ... its not really an action/horror , its just action ....

When i was younger alien Rez was the only one that didnt scare me , the aliens are exposed to much, the director claimed we had all become aware of how the alien looked so hiding it was pointless, but for me the quick flash bys ill lighting and gritty gotic vibes are what made alien so great ... It was Ridley Scott who claimed showing to much isnt scary however leaving the mind to imagine is effective and less expensive at that

The cheesy jokes and delayed cut offs that enject humour into the franchise make me want to throw up and the newbourn ....... i guess well just put that down to the french fried derector who cant speak f**king english , hes luck he had a great cast because try to coax good performanced out of your crew when you cant communicate wouldnt have been fun

But
Despite all that ..... the aliens looked great .....The underwater scene took 4 months of preperation and overall was a great scene despite the fact they would all have drowned (Try holing your breath for the duration of that scene) lmao the visuals were great

ummm its just an enjoyable movie but one that you still find yourself wishing was extracted from the movie lol i believe the team responsable for the first three wish that could be the case to .. lol

Dan Obannons last words on the making of rez were "Well we have our three alien movies and they have theres" lol you just could help but feel loved to have added on a quick , "And theres sucked and didnt make 1 quarter of what our original did " But anyways

More of your thoughts please

jbfjjjhrh.png

Nah, I liked this one. It was real good, its very watchable.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.