Alien

Keaton, Undefined, 17 years ago

If aliens were starving do you think they would eat echother

Keaton Michel Wagner

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

ALien 3 - there was no HIVE. No eggs, no need for hosts, i think the alien 'eating' the victims was a sign of aggression, not necessity.

If you look up the various sites littered across the web, you'll see that in many bios, the aliens possess a biological system vastly different from ours, creatures that have an open air system that can survive the pressures of deep space and deep water without the need to eat or drink. The xenomorphs were designed to survive, whether they were a creation of some other life frm or a natural evolution. First rule of thumb for these creatures is to re-produce, hosts are a priority over the 'eating' of victims.

Only steady evidence we can look at is over the course of the four movies, only on one occasion did we see an alien 'eating' a human, throughout the other films, this has not been evident.

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 17 years ago

Lol yeah crow will give you the answer to this question :)

00Alien_sig03-1.pngIn Wal-Mart Everyone Can Hear You Scream

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Let me answer your question with one of my own: Do aliens even need to eat food?

0.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes they do, the runner ate a prison in alien 3, but lets not get off topic.

I think no, and... it wont be long til this topic is solved and no one has anything else to say here.

NavyspazSigForAvP2dotcom.jpg

Depends on when crow logs on really :)

0.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Agreed, again, mentioning the fact of necessity - the xenomprhs attacked the 'weakest' link so to speak, in the fourth movie, so by killing the lesser alien gave them a means to escape, so in turn, i do beleive the aliens would, if pressed, attack and 'Eat' eachother.

The contrast between predators and Aliens becomes increasingly apparent when Displays such as this are shown. The true lack of morals or Conscience of the Xenomorph makes them in my eyes, the superior organism.

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'll try to sum this up.

From what we have seen in Alien 3, xenomorphs do eat.

As Daveberg pointed out, it could be a sign of aggression, but if this were to be true then I fail to understand why the xenomorph would openly consume its food rather than attack the corpse with its inner jaw or its claws. It also would not explain why the xenomorph would go through the risk of committing such an act when other dangers were still present.

However, we clearly can see it consuming its prey, which means that the food must be going somewhere. In turn, this points to the possibility of a digestive system.

Xenomorphs take on the traits of their hosts. It is possible that they adopt aspects of their host's internal organs. Thus, a xenomorph could easily have a digestive system.

We never saw the xenomorph in Alien eat, but we also did not see the corpses. In the deleted scenes we did witness the xenomorph converting its victims into eggs, which would give it reason not to feed.

In Aliens, we never saw the xenomorphs eat, but we also never saw what happened to their hosts after they died. Considering that the xenomorphs are highly efficient creatures, it seems most likely that they eat the deceased hosts for sustenance after they are no longer of use.

When we witnessed Alien: Resurrection, we never saw what happened to several members of the crew. It is highly likely that they have been consumed as well.

Typically, when an organism functions, it expends energy. It also needs to take in energy in order to meet this cost. That is why they have to eat.

If there was no food, the xenomorphs would not consume one another, but enter a form of suspended animation (hibernation) until more prey presents itself. This was witnessed in Aliens, when no xenomorphs were initially seen. Instead, the hive was gradually roused as the marines maintained their presence.

A xenomorph certainly could eat another xenomorph. Their entire bodies are resistant to the acidic blood which their species possesses. But I doubt there would ever be an incident where this would be entirely necessary.

Crow_04.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

A lot of this depends on if they do eat. We have no true evidence that they do eat, but we don't have any true evidence that they don't.

Now, if they did need to eat, and their only option was to eat a xenomorph, then they probably could eat it. Their blood is acid, which means that both their skin and inner organs must be acid proof.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

I dont thimk adult aliens have to eat because they're body is made very different then ours plus no one really nows because in only 2 alien movies wee say them eat some thing because in #1 it ait people because it couldn't do anything els plus in #3 the runner eat a prisonner.

in #4 one of the aliens killed another to ket out of the jail sell, so would aliens eat other aliens...NO! I meen the out side of they're skinn is acid proof but nowone ever said anything about the inside.Anyways not very many things are acid proof on the inside not even aliens(I think).

Scarefacesig.png

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

i think Crow once said that aliens that are newborn born have to eat. and the alien in alien3 was only a few days old