Bushido

donut, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I've done a paper on teh Samurai recently, and I believe that the yautja are actually quite similar to them:

The samurai have a code of honor, known as Bushido, where honor is valued above life. I'm not quite sure if Yautjas follow this to such an extreme, but honor is most defenitly important.

The samurai would decapitate their opponents head and keep them as trophies for proof of their kill *cough* just like teh yautja *cough* XD

Now, as seen in the movies, just before they were defeated the pred would set off the bomb, killing itself (and taking anyone else with them). when defeat was innevitable, the samurai performed Sepukku in which they basically disembowel themselves, however the comparison here is that they will kill themselves without the fear of death.

In avp the armor of the predators also were somewhat similar to that of the samurai, the preds were wearing what seemed to be an oyoroi(It's that metal skirt thing the samurai wear).

i just found this a bit interesting how similiar they are :3 they probably got ideas for the pred from the samarai, for me it makes them a little cooler XD

857888.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

:3 *glomps and clings <3* You certainly did your homework. You're right, the yautja are very, very similiar to the samurai. They even use weapons of similiar nature to those of that era. There is also a similiarity as to why we have only seen male yautjas engage in hunts: women were rarely seen on the front lines.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

donut, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

myes, i'm actually starting to get into a small obsession with teh samurai XD *clings back* :3 <3<3<3 and asldfksd yes i forgot to put up teh thing about women XD oh well *is too lazy* XDDD <3

857888.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Some of the influences for the Predator's armour & weapons acatually came from the samurai, As John Rosengrant stated in the special features of Predator 2.

thorndesignssig.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

actually your right in those cases they did not fear death, in fact they embraced it. in many of these instances where their heads were cut off they would stab themselves in the gullet first. to them there was no greater honour than to take their own life in the feild of defeat. so yeah your right ^_^

Hyro_01.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i agree HYRO and stalker

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de M-di Hdlak

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Very interesting, and I see your point. If one wears a cloak and sticks its battle arm out of an opening in that cloak, it may very well be a Yautja-Ronin thing, who has lost its elder in a hunt. The thought of that makes me wonder what Asia and Science Fiction will do next to relate to each other.

I love the fact that it's like this: death before dishonor.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."