Mods (0nly Mods)

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Dave, Katam, Deathdrop and all the other mods on this site. I was wondering if i could start up a Art comp for clay sculptures based on Aliens, Predators or marines.

Here is how i would set it out:

Art Competition

Catergories: Alien, Predator, marine or two characters locked in battle.

How to Enter:

Put down that you want to join

Once accepted you can start

Once you have finished your model you can post a picture of it and one of yourself holding making sure you didnt get the pic from the net.

once the comp is finished (by then there will be a judge for 1st place, 2nd place and third placre and so fourth) a winner will be announced.

Rules:

No pictures of the net

No making fun or saying somones elses sculpture is bad

no photoshoping

no using someones elses model.

ect.

I will work on the rest though i was just wondering if i could host it?

The-Giger-Drone.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

Thats a unique suggestion, Giger Drone. but I don't know if it should be a competetion, anytime something like that starts up, allegations arise whether its the person's own work.

But I like the idea none the less. it shouldn't have to be some great work of art, anything that can be identified as pertaining to this website would be awesome. :)

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

It seems somewhat unconventional to me, as I doubt that many people on here actually sculpt things in clay. But that's just my opinion, hell, there could be more clay sculptors here than I know. Although if there are infact more people who could participate, then by all means, you've got my permission. Although I'd wait & see what some of the other mods think before going ahead with anything, they might have different views on the matter.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Ok thanks for your opinions

The-Giger-Drone.jpg

sound cool :)

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de M-di Hdlak

Well if many people dont clay sculpture they can give it a try, they might not no how talented the really are.

EDIT:

Lol, for some reason i'm making my sculpture now.

The-Giger-Drone.jpg

all do it i love clay. just finished an entiar proiject baised around sculpting at college lol all get started right away

Backinaction.jpg

cool i'll make an official topic later ( soz at the moment im busy)

The-Giger-Drone.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Dayum, I love this types of stuff, I would enter but.

I Dont have any type of clay (not even play-doh.

I Dont have a working digital camera anymore to take a pic of it because I tried to fix it with my fist.

I would still enter if I had those, even tho I have no art skills whatsoever. I would make an alien and everyone would say "No you sculpt an alien not a house".

AnotherNavyspazSig.gif

Sounds fine to me. :)

Katam.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

Hey i'm just bumping this topic back up as i am almost finished with my sculpture ( which is also going to be used as an example)

Also i would like to note you dont have to use clay you can use a viarity of things such as cardboard as a bas for the model or somthing else... in fact if you were really talent you can even carve a sculpture.

what i'm really saying is that you can use anying you want. i mean i'm not even using a bit of clay and i'm actually using some foamboard for a base, some glue for a water like effect, super sculpy which is like plastacine but it hardens in the oven and is quite pliable, and off caourse paint and some varnish to give the alien a wet look ect.

you can use what ever you want as soon as the competion , or maybe even just a gallery starts, i hope you all have fun with this and can show off your talents and even if you havent tried sculpture before just give it a go as you might not know how talented you really are.

i will make the main topic on the competion and the chat topic next week.. probably when i have some free time, but for now if you are interested in participating just gather some supplies and give your self some creative designs.

It is not starting right know and will start ven before the clan vs Clan RPG or after if i am late at making the topic.. really its up to the mods at the moment..

( lol thank you to all to actuall read to whole post i just made)

GigerDroneSig.gif
Creature of the Dark

Messageboard Rules

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

I could try to find some clay of some type :\ although you wont be able to tell what my thing is... it will be bad.

and to prove its me, I got a shirt saying "Navy" on it I will wear :)

That is if I can find some clay...

Navytextsig.gif