Marking

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

Look closely, see the little sunrising mark on the preds helmet, i think its a cool coincidence, as this came out before avp, what do you suppose was hunted to obtain that ?

20061002-174529.BMP.jpg

20061002-174601.BMP.jpg

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

I paused and zoomed into the mask while i was watching Predator on DVD, and it just looks like a dent to me. Maybe something smacked into it's mask really hard.

If it was delibrately placed by the Predator, then i think it might've been alien blood stamped onto the mask.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

were is mark on mask

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de M-di Hdlak

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Between the eyes.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

looks like an alien marked him by scratching the mask just a thought

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

That's pretty cool! It's the kind of thing that you would never notice until someone points it out, but have a "Holy crap!" momment when you realsise what it could be continuity-wise.

In real-life, it was probably put their by the effects team as another scratch on the helmet to give it a more worn look.

Still, this could help solve the "How comew the first pred wasen't blooded" debate. Nice find!

deathdrop1.jpg

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Nice find m8. Although I suspect (as DD stated), it was more than likely meant to be just another marking on the mask from the predator's previous fights. The mask was covered with small scuff marks & had a very worn look overall, so having a small marking between the eyes probably wouldn't have raised any questions back in 1987. The preds usually have a very stylised blooding mark as well, wheras that just looks like an uncontrolled burn, in comparison to the finely detailed mark from AVP. Although considering that different clans would more than likely have their own individual markings (the ones that hold the blooding ritual anyway), we have no idea what the different designs could look like.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Could have been a headbite... I'm not sure how he would surrvive that unharmed, though. Maybe Preds pass masks down from generation to generation?

deathdrop1.jpg

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

This is just a thought, but Stan Winston came up with the design for the Predator on a plane on the way back from Japan. Which is the land of the rising sun. Maybe the mark of the sun on the helmet somehow represents Japan as this is were the idea for the Predator design came from.

I don't think so. it really dosen't look like the rising sun.

deathdrop1.jpg

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

to me it looks like dirt. althogh i mite not see what u see. and hes also in the jungle,jumpin off waterfalls and stuff.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i see mark now on mask thx for tel is very hard see mark on mask

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de M-di Hdlak

we are all probably looking at one spot and hes looking at another circle the spot if u can so we can understand better (this is not shadowatching i am her keeper lmfaorfh)

Whoever you are, start asking permission first. I'll inform the real shadowatching via E-mail if this dosen't stop.

deathdrop1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

NICE! Although if it was 'thee' mark, it looks a little disportionate to me. But still, NICE find. It's one of those things you NEVER notice if you just like watching a scene, even over and over again, just for the hell of it.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

this is real shadowatching and i dnt mind he is hardly here so he gets on and does it so its ok by me