Dave i like be in Hive (production of Queens)

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

another theory about the the prodction of Queens isth duriny time Queen suspects that she is risking her life she lays an egg that contains a superfacehugger as memtioned Before this would bamotther Queen already on way fo rull over the Hive of mormal xenomorphs-phs-this has been derved.from the face that in the movie alien3she was show to have land an egg in side ship she was riding in which contained a superfacehugger which later inpregnates Ripley and the dog(or the ox)

take me 30mins dave

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

hmm so your saying the queen will lay a praetorian egg when the queen thinks she is in danger so that if the queen dies the hive will have another queen?

Oh and dont use the name of your topic to remind daveburg to add you to his clan, that belongs in the clan topic :P...

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Is this a theory or a clan request???

This stuff goes in the official clan request topic.

And good job with your post about xenos :)

But there wasn't praetorians int he movie, nor super facehuggers, they weren't on the screen atleast, thats what hugged ripley.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Yeah you should probly edit the topic name, but other then that, nice topic =D. Its a great idea too, up until now most people probly would have thought that the queen just lays a praetorian egg when she feels like it, but this is a great idea!

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

This is very, very similiar to what I already wrote in my Xenomorph biology page...

The queen cannot control what kinds of eggs she lays when she suddenly feels threatened because it takes a prolongued period of time to lay an egg. It must travel through the abdomen for an unknown period of time, develop, and then be deposited.

When the queen is separated from her abdomen, however, she can choose to immediately lay an unfertilized egg through asexual reproduction. This gives rise to a "super" facehugger, which is always female due to the lack of a Y chromosome. "Super" facehugger eggs are hardier in nature, allowing them to be deposited from the queen's pelvis immediately and without nourishment.

And for the record, Praetorians are not considered canon, nor are they considered a true breed in the xenomorph race.
855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

crow, you really know your stuff, hats of to you man

thx all ;)

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

I`ve read somewhere that drones lay the superfacehugger egg... And that would make more sense, cause the queen doesn`t have too much time to think about laying or not laying an egg once she is separated from the abdomen... And so, if the Queen would be killed, the colony could continue to exist even if the queen was killed be4 she could lay an egg cause there`s lots of drones to do that.

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

That wouldn't happen. In the event the queen is killed, the most dominate female drone would undergo a metamorphisis and turn into a queen ( got this from Crow Xenomorph biology.)

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

actually what happens when a queen isnt present or a super face hugger, a drone will chose a captured being and inject them with a dna altering serum, morphing them into a super fachugger egg, thus what we see in alien deleted scenes

Hyro_01.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

Actually, we do not know if that was a super facehugger or a normal one. However, assuming that certain drone xenomorphs are indeed female, it would make much more sense for them to produce standard facehuggers from other creatures, that way a single xenomorph could create multiple drones before undergoing a metamorphosis of her own.

If they produced super facehuggers from other organisms then they would be unable to produce the appropriate numbers to maintain a queen.

855989_3.jpg

Crow i disagree if Queen be kill break los of eggsak make very fast smal superFachugger find Host Human or pred or dog or ox what ever of Host is superFacehugger soo i think is Queen and new die bam egg SuperFaceHugger and i have holy new Hive of aliens

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de

Shadow Warrior, please read my posts more carefully before trying to start arguments with me.

I already stated in my first post that the queen can lay a super facehugger without her abdomen.

My second post was in relation to a standard drone, not a queen.

Honestly, I don't see why you're even trying to argue with me over material which I have already written about in my own Xenomorph Biology thread.

855989_3.jpg

i agree with 100% Crow

Shadow-Warrior_02.jpg
Silent invisible invincible The Ultimate Hunter try take head strong alpha male ever life i wil take strongs alpha male head as trophy try my head if can as trophy Dtai kai-dte sa-de nau gkon Dtain aun bpi-de