Eggs

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

how long do eggs take to die, if host dont appear ?

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol well yeah, i mean the space jockey was fossilized, thats a small idea of how long they were there ...... Aliens dont have nutritional needs

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

No one really knows, but the eggs in Alien 1 look like they weren't that fresh.

There wasn't much hive around, nor Xeno's protecting the eggs.

So im guessing a really long time, sry to go off topic but another question...

How do they survive in a egg that long? Do they not need food or water?

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

egg can survivid very long time in ship of space Jocky ar statflied if Host coming very clos facehugger jump on Host

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Just a guess, estimation.

I'd say about 300 years a egg can live, not really sure. no one can be.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

navyspaz i think longer is Unknow how egg life

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Considering that xenomorph eggs sprout tendrils to leech nutrients to the facehuggers once they run out of an internal food supply, I would imagine that the xenomorph eggs can easily exist for an unlimited or undefined period of time, so long as they are still able to locate nutrients from the outside environment. Either way, it certainly would take them an impossibly long time to die.

The Space Jockey was not fossilized, fossilization requires contact with sediment. So, we really have absolutely no reference point upon which to label a definite number.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Quote: Switcher
------------------------
...... Aliens dont have nutritional needs
-----------------------------------------------

Crow just pointed something out to me on MSN, The runner on Alien 3, at one scene they snuck up on the Alien, and he was eating one of the prisoners corpse.

So they have to eat we know that, and like all animals that eat, they drink also.

So im pretty sure Aliens Drink and Eat something.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, not necessarily. They might recieve all of the moisture they need simply from the food they consume. To our knowledge, there was no source of water on Acheron, so this is highly likely.

However, they do have to eat. When there isn't enough food, they enter a state of suspended animation, which explains why the xenomorphs were so inactive during the initial marine intrusion in Aliens.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Voltage-3000, Undefined, 17 years ago

an egg can last as long as it can if the creature inside hatchs but if it neevr hatchs there should be some sign of it not living

Voltage.jpg