Aliens breathing

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

Will someone explain how aliens can survive in space, i heard some shit about alien filtering their air with dorsal finns which would explain breathing uder water as there is oxygen in water .... But space is a vacume, theyve nothing to filter

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hey, burning is a chemical reaction!!! So is the reaction between an acid and a metal, for example. And all chemical reactions are either explosive or implosive, witch means they provide or consume energy!!! So the alien blood COULD provide energy without the use of oxigen. I`m not saying that it does.

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

And remember in Alien 2, when ripley went into the queens chamber with newt, and the queens heavy breathing, like really loud, sounded like a deep hissing noise.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Xenomorphs do not breathe. They can take in air through the tubes in their back to vocalize with, but they do not have any sort of respiratory system. That is one reason why they can survive in the vacuum of space, be dropped into molten lead, be frozen solid, and live underwater indefinitely. The entire process is explained in my biology thread.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

mmmm , i heard some dorsal finn idea,

But your point is impossible, atleast the idea of the aliens filtering the air to suit themselves is realistic to a certain degree

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

i thought that they can hold their breath as long as they want to hmmm

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

i think saying that the alien dusant breath is implosable why would id have a sserculatory system if not to transport oxygen roun the body.

my opinion is that they breath <(term used loosly) through the vents on the back. having a semi matalic skin they could survive in space of a limated period of time providing they have some meens of seeling all ov there orafeses such as the vents on its back and nostrals etc.

i prasume they can survive in space for extended perioude buy slowing there hart rate and matabalism much like a crocadile when it hides under whater for hours at a time

Backinaction.jpg

our blood uses oxigen to burn matereals to give energy to the cells of our body. aliens have acid blood so they don`t need oxigen to get energy out of food, cause they use the acid...

just a theory...

DW.png

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Sorry, but that is not how their blood functions.

"Acid" is just a property of an element, mixture, or compound. All it means is that the substance's pH is low, making it acidic. It does not provide a source of energy.

Acids are caustic because their low pH makes them break down and destabilize other substances. A xenomorph still has blood, and their blood functions in a similiar way to our's.

Their blood simply has a very low pH, causing it to be acidic. This fact does not interfere with their internal functions, but can be extremely hazardous to the outside environment.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

there bodie uses acide in the same way as wee use our blood asin thwy have acide insted of blood it forfils the same purpuis

Backinaction.jpg

Well now, we wouldn`t know that, would we? Cause if we did know how they work they wouldn`t be XENOmorphs!!! They`d just be morphs... Hmmm...

DW.png

Thanks Crow thats prety much what i was traying to say but i was having a hard time peesing the words together lol. you seem to no more about chemastry then me though so al be quayet before i make a fool of myself lol nice anser though

Backinaction.jpg