Can a Drone turn into a queen?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well I am working on a comic for my sight, and I was wondering. if an Alien hive was destroyed and there was only one alien Drone, can it molt into a queen out of desperation to reproduce?

TitanosaurSig.jpgThe Hive Of The Aliens

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The post below this one will be on topic, or the thread will be closed.

deathdrop1.jpg

predalienking, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i think crow is right in the absence of a queen a female drone can become a queen

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL ARMON OMBAYAIE ARMON OMBYAIE

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

In reference to that which Stalker has said -- that could very well be true, but we haven't seen what the egg in the director's cut of Alien contained. It could very well have been a standard facehugger, not a superfacehugger.

I don't find the possibility of a drone advancing into a queen to be so far off -- the method described is essentially the same as termites. It is widely accepted that mature drones of at least the male gender become xenomorph warriors, it could also be very likely that a mature female xenomorph, when not in the presence of a queen pheromone, could become a xenomorph queen...

Until we know what was in that egg in the deleted scene of Alien, we can't be certain which of the theories is more possible.

Crow-Banner.gif?t=1165440971
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

None of that information on predators has been confirmed rayne, it's all simply speculation & rumours.

Onto the queen issue though. From what has been seen so far, it seems clear to me that a drone cannot actually turn into a queen, although this doesn't mean it can't further populate the species. In the event that a drone finds itself in a solitary situation, it will capture prey & cocoon them up in resin in a secluded area, much the same as it would if it were still with it's hive.

Drones actually have the means to "infect" their victims, although the means by which they do this is unknown. Once infected, the host's body will begin deteriorating & morphing into a superfacehugger egg (as seen in the Director's Cut of Alien). Once the body has completed it's metamorphosis, the superfacehugger will emerge, capable of implanting a queen embryo into any unsuspecting prey, & further procreating the species.

thorndesignssig.jpg

rayne, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Crow really nows some BIG words dont you Crow?
and i have to agree with Crow becouse i dont now either but Crpw sounds pretty sure of himself. what i want to no is how did the aliens begin an egg or a queen? kind of like te chicken or the egg but alien wise!

P.S. did you no female predetors are almost twice as strong as male predetors but females arent allowed to hunt!. and theres a predetor Queen!

for the hunt!!

From what I've seen, yes, I believe a drone can. Here's a link to the article I wrote, if you care to read:

http://www.alienvspredator2.com/comments/11675.html

The actual quote from my article (and the belief I stand by) is as follows:

"In the absence of a queen, a female drone’s natural instinct to ascend to the highest level of the xenomorph caste system remains unsuppressed by pheromones. To do this, a mature female drone coats herself in her own resin and undergoes a process of metamorphosis."

The process mentioned above is very similiar to what happens upon the demise of a termite queen. They, much like how I believe xenomorphs to be, surpress their underling's sexual capabilities through pheromones. When the queen dies, no more pheromones are produced, and the underlings are allowed to sexually mature.

avpunlimited, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

No. Actually, yes.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

AVPUSIG.jpg

Actually, There has only ever been one hive. The hive in aliens. The space jockeys created that queen, organically. Queens are created by space jockeys, AVP was none canon. How the hell would an alien egg end up on earth now a days? Aliens did not evolve naturally, they are organic, or living machines. They aren't machines really. There living things created from dead things.

So my answer is "no" drones cannot evolve into queens.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

AVPUSIG.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

are yo honestly suggesting that Queens can not be made from face huggers ,there are only a select few that have been created Jockeys

the answer to the Topic question is No

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Maybe I was wrong.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

AVPUSIG.jpg

Wait...hold on.

First off, we don't even know if the Aliens were made by Space Jockeys in the first place. That is entirely speculation. They could have just as easily evolved over the course of several millenia.

Secondly, even though the original xenomorph did exhibit a mechanical appearance, every single xenomorph from every film afterwards was clearly biological.

Also, the xenomorph queen in AvP was frozen for centuries. They were brought there by the yautja (Predators). Like it or not, AvP is considered canon, despite all of its continuity errors.

Xenomorphs are not created from dead things, they are parasitoids. This means they are implanted and feed off of a host, and ultimately kill their host to achieve their next stage of growth. This also would mean that they have to be organic and biological in nature.

Nope, aliens were created by the space jockeys, Queens aren't abundant, they are rare, A select few was created organically and that explains how aliens use dead aliens and eggs to create hives. It is impossible for such a thing to be created naturally. They do have slime, but that is like a fungus, aliens are very organic. Acidic blood, slime, leather skin, eyes under there exoskeleton. They did not evolve naturally. And the space jockeys created everything organically. From dead things. Even there space ships were organic. This was shown in Alien. Aliens are organic, and I don't care about AVP, aliens were better before That first dumbass comic with that dumbass predator killing aliens.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

AVPUSIG.jpg

aliens create hives from dead things and oh yeah watch alien 3 so dis burned wasted canon proof right there and then and my alien 3 chestburster queen plushie bc_1.JPG

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL

Predalienking, we already argued this to death, let it lie.

Crow-2.jpg
Forget the freak,
I'm just nature.

NO OFFENSE CROW BUT COULD YOU STOP ACTING LIKE A MOD IT JUST REALLY PISSES me off and i have canon proof and im with you crow i think female drones can morph into queens

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL

Predalienking, you are misunderstanding the topic.

This thread is involving the question of whether or not a female drone can directly turn into a queen, with no facehugger or chestburster involved.

Your canon proof only shows that a xenomorph queen can be spawned from a superfacehugger. Please just slow down and read the topic. We've already covered all the bases.

Crow-2.jpg
Forget the freak,
I'm just nature.

cutm3up, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Dude crow, he is kinda right you know, not so much with the queen plushie =^3 but with the bit in caps

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site. Its nearly finished, and it has recently gone under a few design Improvements, Join today!

haku.jpg

*sigh* This has nothing to do with the topic. If you have a problem with what has been said, take it up in the Free Chat topic so this thread doesn't wind up being locked.

I asked him to let it lie because his argument about hives being composed of dead things was one piece to an ongoing discussion which had already been put to bed after two days of near-endless debate.

Crow-2.jpg
Forget the freak,
I'm just nature.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Galverg, anyone can tell someone when to stop. It's not only a moderator's job.

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

"aliens create hives from dead things and oh yeah watch alien 3 so dis burned wasted canon proof right there and then and my alien 3 chestburster queen"

4 words, aliens don't need food.

Now thats proof.

You may agree with him about the theory, but I do agree with him on one thing. So I will stop. And I won't argue with you.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

AVPUSIG.jpg