Courtesy when posting...

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

Recently, a small handful of members have been really active on this site. Good Deal. However, as a courtesy to anyone browsing this site, please be sure your posts are easy to read and informative. Bad spelling or bad grammer really lowers the expectations of our site, so please re-read your posts and edit them if needed. I know of one person who has dyslexia so she has an excuse. Everyone else please fix your posts. If you are in school, there should be even more emphasis on your correct spelling and grammer. Arguing the bad spelling and bad grammer is ok convinces no one. I am not talking about the occasional incorrect sentence, I'm talking about 5-8 mispelled words in one post. Questioning of a Mod's position on this or any subject without any factual data to support your argument may be grounds for warnings or temporary bannings.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

o really now dexlexic is a excuse then im am excused becase i have that problom and thats why i am in speashal ed math hahaha

Lucifer.jpg

spartans the finest soldiers the world has ever known

Otang, i think this topic should be pinned for some time.

And rayne, i`m sure you understand perfectly what you want to say, but sometimes the lack of punctuation is confusing... and i don`t like saying this, but it happens with Lucifer`s writing sometimes too. As long as i get the idea, i don`t really have a problem with it, but if it bothers someone, i think it is only fair that you try to correct your mistake. I`m not trying to offend you, i`m just trying to end his stupid thing that Otang started and you made a big deal of. Belive me when i say, bad grammar can get very annoying! You`re lucky you weren`t here a few months ago!

00Alien_sig08.png
I`m here to kill you!
Remember... I am NOT your friend!
I`ll see you in Hell

predatoress, Yautja, 17 years ago

I'll be around, I just have bad and stressful phase at the moment. You aren't that lucky that you can sweep me under the carpet lol

new-Predess-sig.jpg

I died just to be reborn

Welcome to my hell

Join Us

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

Alright, I've seen this crap for some time now. I'm tired of it. Everybody who doesn't have a disease for bad spelling, stop raping the english language. Please.

It wouldn't kill you to read over you post to be sure it looks like it makes sense. Now occasional misplaced/spelled word in an occasional post doesn't hurt anything. But constant "wrod, ti, enof, etc, etc" in regular posts really makes the difference in that.

Hell, I notice my own mistakes even before I am done typing the word. I'm not asking for perfectness, I'm asking for a settlement to this. When typing fast, you CAN be out of control. But if you LOOK out of control, that's bad.

-Fladdap.

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in The Mental House got caught."

daveberg, Yautja, 17 years ago

And so the trials and tribulations of this site continue, oh how this mighty place has fallen.

Poor spelling and bad structure make people look un-educated or lazy. Trying to decipher horrific bands of poor spelling can be an extreme nightmare and really detracts from members reading posts or replying to them.

There are things called spell checkers, so there's no excuse unless you have a medical condition.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

rayne, Yautja, 17 years ago

Otang why dont we make a agreement. we can miospell words if we want but if the word change the meaning of the text well change it

Bad Example

so like i said i ice want cream!

Good example

so like i said I Want ices creams!

in the good example you still he get he wants ice cream. in the bad example its a little fuzzy. so a agreement?

rayneed1.jpg
DD- eeewwwww!!! what does this button do?!

A good, coherent, post is easy to read, plus advertises that the person posting is of sound mind and has some credibility. For example, Stalker's posts are EXCELLENT and he is the age of most of the member's here. Why can he, Katam, Donut, Crow, and Skystalker do it and not others?

Please remember what your argument is when you think proper english is not needed, basically you are trying to tell others that you are lazy, uneducated, and can't hold a proper conversation. I'd like to think you guys are better than that. It is a pity WE as Mods must argue for the most basic means of communication, and yet it seems to meet opposition. That being said we don't encourage smug attitudes here, we just want the best for this site.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Why would you want to misspell words? If someone can't put in a good effort, like everyone else is, than maybe one should reconsider not posting at all.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

I have no idea what grudge you mean other than when he got upset for me trying to DO my task, but you are still missing the point. By other's own admission, he has a history of bad attitude. Sorry you have to leave, you were a good member here, I'm sure you had no enemies and we will hope you come back soon. It's very tough losing a good person like you. Besides its only temporary as you may have missed. The basic idea of this thread has been spread, no discussions needed.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Skystalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

Wow, I always seem to come back at the worst of times...

Anyway, in this instance I would tend to agree with Otang, Bloo, and Dave, as the spelling is getting extremely bad, and just trying to read certain posts is a complicated affair.

Since it wll most likely be sometime until AVP 2 comes out, and if it is good, the site will be revived and hopefully flourish once again, we just have to realize there are alot of (and to quote dave) "young fans" out there who just found out about "The Internet" , are able to log on and find this website, not knowing of the history behindthe site and the maturity to carry on intelligent adult conversations in posts.

Posting to me is basically a form of email chat, not as slow as email, but not as fast as IM'ing someone, and there are rules here unlike chat, saying "lol, rofl, lmao, wtf?, omg" among others shouldn't be accepted here, IM'ing its fine I can see if you are juggling talking to about 5-6 people at once. The sooner young people learn that, the sooner the internet will become a better and more linguistically fluent place.

Just as well, as most of us/you long time members (I'm not really sure I can call myself that quite yet), should realize, since this website has been up for a long time, we have almost discussed nearly every possible aspect of the Alien and Predator Universe, from the prevalent to the completely mundane, and should realize at some point that until AVP2 does come out, there really is no reason for alot of them to come back to the site. (God WIlling of course that AVP2 will be recieved well.)

Lastly, as I've been saying we just have to tolerate the bad grammar, spelling, and other mistakes until most of those who do that mature in the ability to type and have complete thoughts, which can be expressed through typing, and also to tolerate the influx of new people who don't know as much as many of us do about Alien and Predator.

(PS. If you are serious about taking a hiatus, or leaving outright, we'll miss you predess.)

Yautjasig2.png
Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel
Which smoked with bloody execution.

Does it affect to your attitude as well? By dismissing his intelligence of being cabeable to independent thinking, despite the authority? Honestly I feel like we're been lead like sheeps to slaughter in here. Sure he have spiky way to point out his opinnions and views, but does that make him a bad person? Now this have been bursted into a fight between you two, solve it or not, I don't care, but this whole stupid argue started on something so small it wcould've been avoided with some tact. The fly became an ox, and personally I don't want to take part on a forum where personal grudge is carried over the arguments, when it should be a matter of board policy.

Besides, I already have more enemies on this forum than friends, so I don't see why I should be oblicated to try to keep up a sinking boat. I know I'm a bad person, I affect on too much on people even when I don't want to. So it's best for all of us for me to dissapear for a while as well.

new-Predess-sig.jpg

I died just to be reborn

Welcome to my hell

Join Us

Does it affect his attitude as well? Obviously spelling and proper grammer or at least effort to use them was not the problem with him, it was his attitude.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

For being dislexic?? He wasn't joking on that one, ya know.

What this site have become. Why the hell people are picking on each other about something so irrelevant than typing perfect English? If you can understand what the other is saying, I don't see the point of starting to nag where the
dot will go, or if someone types the words wrong. You know, English is understandable even when the first and last letter is right, and the rest of the letters are mixed up. Or I'm that good of an interpreter I can tell what people are saying.

I guess my time is up on the site as well. Farewell for now, I hope to see some of you in my future, and I hope I can come back to see the site going better and more tolerant on people. All of us cannot fit in the same mold, and some of us doesn't even want to do that.

Blood is thicker than water, yatta yatta.

Good bye.

new-Predess-sig.jpg

I died just to be reborn

Welcome to my hell

Join Us

Do you have an excuse for being temporarily banned? Oh yea, you do now.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

Lucifer, being dislexic isn't something to laugh about...

-Fladdap!

00Bloo_sig05.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in The Mental House got caught."

the thing with pc spel checs is that you still have to have a vage understanding of howe the word is ment to loock and for certan words where there are multipal variations it can be verry dificalt to decifer the somewhat cryptic english language.

Anarchysig.jpg
Death or healing I care not which you seek

Alien_Worrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

deleating my post is that how you get out of this ? just deleat what you dotn wont to hear

is it so bad that you banned me temporarly for somthign that was on topic and had to do with my spelling problom

daveberg, Yautja, 17 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it Otang, people seem to be jumping out of their prams ever since the free chat and My skull were removed.

If you all haven't forgotten, this isn't a social message board - it's dedicated to aliens and predator discussion.

The older fan base has long departed from this site, many offering me long winded Emails about how they cannot tolerate the rantings and poor spelling etc etc from a site now littered with
extremely young 'fans'

Things are indeed sour here when the only real input is reading people ramble on in a 'free chat' section.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Mishmuf, Yautja, 17 years ago

Well, you must understand, It sounded a lot like you were mocking dislexic people rather than admitting you are dislexic.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Very well. Please understand the reason why and I will point it again one...last...time.
His basic disruption of the site, its heirarchy, its spirit, defied Moderators, spam multiple threads, childish behavior and now having two accounts. These are the facts. These are the reasons. This is offically a dead horse, stop beating at it.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules