Game WTF

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

Have you noticed that no site really mentions the game Alien Rezarection for the PS1 , why is this, it was good

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I re-played Alien Res yesterday, & it's still quite a bit of fun. Has some good moments. The game has a reasonable difficulty level, & enemies can finish you off quite quickly if given the chance. A standard drone can take you down in 3 or 4 hits. Facehuggers can be irritating, especially since they can be tough to hit, & usually aren't noticed until they're already on your face, lol.

The weapons are quite good, although mostly standard shooter fare. One detracting aspect of the game though is the repetition. Although the game provides a suitably tense atmosphere, hours of trudging down dark corridors then backing up & emptying a shotgun blast or a barrage of bullets from a pulse rifle into an attacking Alien's face, or having to destroy a mass of eggs does begin to grate on you after a while.

If I had to give it a rating out of 10 it would score a 6.5 for me, as I got bored quite quickly with it yesterday, it's not the sort of game that's good at keeping your attentions for a long period of time. Nowadays that games such as AVP2 allow you to actually play as an Alien, a game about fighting them in the shoes of a Human doesn't seem quite as appealing.

thorndesignssig.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Heheh. Yeah...

Anyway, my offer is still up about the EMU (Emulator) and ROM (A video-game disc's Read Only File)- I have tommorow off, AFTER school that is. And I'm feeling sick, I have a headache, I'm sneezing every two hours or so, so I may not be on tommorow.

Any day after tommorow... just E-Mail me... and/or (rarely) if I'm MSN, just do that.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

I saw an advertisment on my AvP1 VHS.

I dnt' know if i wanna get it tho. I rarely make money anyways.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

A-herm. [Cough] Although... yeah. [Cough]

Ermm, okay. Anyhow...

Alien Resurrection for the Ps1... Ah, good times. It was quite fun, in my opinion, it was better than the movie in some ways. I still have my Playstation, working and looking like it's new. Same with my Ps2, although I have the slimmer version (I wanted a Ps1 feel with that disc cover opening and all that), so it would be pretty new.

Although the only reason my Ps1 still works is because when my sister uses the Ps2, I play FFIX on the Ps1... and sometimes one other thing, but I can't remember its name. Anyway, nowadays, if I don't have the Ps1 game I want and it's hard to get, I usually get the epsxe v.1.5.1 Emulator and the game's ROM.

Anyone who wants, I'll do a search and get both the Playstation (or Ps2) Emulator and the Alien: Resurrection game ROM for you. Although, if you don't have any experience with Emulators, set-up can be confusing with the plug-ins and all that.

EDIT: I remember now. It's name was Drink Pepsi Man, if any of you have heard of it. Although it's mainly an old Japanese game, so you may have not.

00Bloo_sig02.png

I never played it, but no one really talks about any other games on here.

I have to start the AvP topics, and sometimes they start Predator Concrete Jungle.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

thats true i never seen alien rez for ps2.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!"The Forum Rules"

lol fine, please note that the famous metal band Killswitch Engage are much bigger than one F88king idiot that once came on here well over a year ago, get F88king over it

Very enjoyable game

lol Kid ?

what are you asking about my username ?

(oh no sorry i was thinking of another topic, i'll edit it.)

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!"The Forum Rules"

hey man don't get mad ok we know your not killswitch allright? And P banned that dude he wont be on this site anytime soon!

On topic:sooo they have an alien rez game? i never heard of it what rating is it?

agreed ..... Over

And my Ps1 hasent been used in a good four years , but im going to go hunting for that game, hopefully it still works

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I played that game one time when one of matt's hardcore avp fan buddies came over, he had like every game of avp you could imagine! he even had ones for gameboy! we played the game on ps2 and it was pretty fun we 3 were up all night playing his games, i wont ever forget that night, heh, me and matt well, yeah haha nevermind, anyways, it was uber fun and so were the other games...

lol not my idea of a great night but whatever floats your boart

And i found it, now when i scrape all 16 layers of dust off it, il attept it in the old ps2

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

well some other things happened too that were really fun but avp pred and alien games were rly rly fun...

dont mind me mate, just having a laugh ..... i love gaming nights with the ladz ...... me and a few mates used to have soul calibour tournys till the early houres of the morning , goot times

I prefer the AvP2 Online for PC, I like Console, but I just like the PC more.

Concrete jungle is fun, extinctions only fun cos its AvP.

But my fav has gotta be AvP2 Online :D

I saw Alien Rez and almost bought it but I changed my mind. I didn't really wanna buy a PS1 game.

Navyspaz_01.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I actually still have Alien Res on PS1, lol, although I never really play it (for obvious reasons). It's a reasonable game & keeps the dark, gritty tone of the movie very well throughout. The game can be quite difficult at times (although mainly due to the small amount of save points), although at least it makes for a decent challenge. Although most people's attentions will slip away from this game in 1/2 an hour nowadays. The aiming mechanism for the guns is terrible, it can be a major hassle just to shoot an Alien standing right in front of you at times due to the terrible controls.

The weapons are decent enough, but nothing much compared to the arsenal of AVP2 for example. There is also very little sense of character, as none of the actors from the movie have leant their likenesses or vocal talents to the game. As a matter of fact, the game has no voice acting whatsoever, all spoken words are shown in subtitle form, nothing else. If you are looking for the best Alien/Predator game around, then pick up a copy of AVP or AVP2 for PC, they are both far superior games.

thorndesignssig.jpg

true lol Although although although ........

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

Although?

deathdrop1.jpg

Exactly. Most people would not want to waste money if they just try it out, that's why EMU's and ROMs are the way to go. Although it may cause viruses. Hey, if you go on and look for them yourselves, don't say I didn't warn you - there are fakes, and those very fakes have viruses on them. Although some of them are good, I have one and it speeds up my internet - for some unknown reason.

00Bloo_sig02.png