part of alien

ELDER, Undefined, 17 years ago

im just curious i see skull of alien have eye holes ...but i can't see any eyes on the head of xeno only the silverteeht

SILENT.INVISIBLE.
INVINCIBLE.
IM COMING TO TOWN
WITH A FEW DAYS TO KILL.

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

interesting question...

was the skull off predator 2?

because maybe they just used the idea of an alien hunter hunting alien prey and just created the skull from a simple image

official TRIVIUM website

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I've seen this question brought about before, on an older thread...here's the link:

http://www.alienvspredator2.com/comments/11447.html

As with the point I made back then, the original Alien did have indentations in its somewhat visible skull, but these were empty. It was originally just part of the costume design. As the franchise continued onward, these were completely removed, but some individuals still believe that they still exist.

In my personal opinion, those indentations may hold some other sensory organ, but certainly not eyes. If you read my Xenomorph Biology thread (which is lurking around page 4), I provide information on how xenomorphs actually can see through a wide variety of spectrums without possessing our version of eyes.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

*moody face*

at first it was good that you knew evrrything...

i guess he ended the topic then

official TRIVIUM website

is the head of alien transfarent

SILENT.INVISIBLE.
INVINCIBLE.
IM COMING TO TOWN
WITH A FEW DAYS TO KILL.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

When have you ever been able to see through to what's on the other side of its head?

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'm with bloo on this one. the "Alien" probably sees by bio-electrical impulses.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!"The Forum Rules"

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The "sockets" are clearly visible once the dome of the alien costume has been removed (you can see it in the special features). They are not eye sockets though, my guess is that they are some kind of sensory pits which the creature uses to detect it's victims, possibly in the same manner as a shark, with bio-electrical impulses (detecting the minute electrical current generated by all living beings), although the exact method of how a xenomorph detects it's prey is not known for sure.

thorndesignssig.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Those are NOT eye sockets. First of all, those are for chords that go from some part of the head to possibly the brain. Second, bio-electrical impulses (maybe like how the Daredevil saw, if you've seen the movie) are recieved into large receptors in the Alien's brain, giving it the ability of "seeing," or vision.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

ok'' its just like a shark or a whale

SILENT.INVISIBLE.
INVINCIBLE.
IM COMING TO TOWN
WITH A FEW DAYS TO KILL.

I remember there being a thread about this a while ago, but xenomorphs would not be able to detect their prey through sensing nervous impulses because that would allow them to locate their prey when it is hiding behind terrain or objects, just as how sharks can detect fish which are hiding beneath the sand of the ocean floor.

From what we have seen in the films, we already know that they cannot locate their prey in such situations.

855989_3.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Possibly the Queen uses that part to send messages from her Brain(if she has one) to pheremones which carry the message, and the aliens catch it and that part of their head sends messages to the brain(if they have one) which tells the alien what the queen is saying.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

That I also doubt, namely because xenomorphs are very, very vocal. If they could communicate with pheromones, then they would have no use for all the hissing, screeching, and other vocalizations which they frequently use.

Also, if xenomorphs used pheromones to communicate, then the yautja would have almost certainly found a way to replicate those same pheromones and use them against the xenomorphs to drive them into a state of confusion.

I actually find it extremely difficult to determine a function for those sockets...I think the most likely function which I can think of is that those two areas serve as pits in which sonic energy is absorbed and converted into nervous impulses, allowing the xenomorph to see through a form of echolocation.

855989_3.jpg

ok .. that why some of the people here in my place the xeno is just like a bee

SILENT.INVISIBLE.
INVINCIBLE.
IM COMING TO TOWN
WITH A FEW DAYS TO KILL.

HOMM1, Undefined, 17 years ago

I aggre whit Hive_Tyrant

Dont mess whit my brothers and mom then my claws will cut you in half

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I still stand by my bio-electrical impulses theory. A shark for example can detect it's prey not only by smell, but by picking up the minute amounts of electrical energy generated by all living organisms. If Aliens possessed the same sense of detection it would be a great benefit to their ability to hunt down & kill their prey, or to capture hosts. Although I suppose this debate will never truly be settled until there is some kind of factual proof of how they detect their victims.

thorndesignssig.jpg