alien air holes

ELDER, Undefined, 17 years ago

what is the use of tube like spikes in the back
of xeno im curious

SILENT,INVISIBLE.INVINCIBLE.
IM COMING TO TOWN WITH A
FEW DAYS TO KILL.

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Go to a topic called "The COMPLETE Xenomorph biology" color>.It's on page 4 right now. You'll get your answer.

EDIT: Sweet, font colors

Mishmufsig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, you'll definetely find a comeplete and very canon-like answer to that one. If you couldn't find it, here.

The 'tubes' found prior to the Xenomorph's back is a type of system in which they may use as an air filter, or a needed nutrition creater (sorry, hope that made sense, I got back from school an hour ago and PE, Health and Art got the best of me). They don't need air to survive, but why they have that appendage is beyond me. Maybe Giger wanted something original back there, instead of the over-used spikey-spinal-chord, and the dorsal fins.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

My personal theory on them is that the resin, which is produced by drones, is stored in the tubes for later use. The resin is the substance which the hive walls are made from. Since drones are basically the typical hive workers/soldiers, they are the only ones to produce the resin. It is then transferred through glands that run from their dorsal tubes through to their throat, after which they can secrete the resin from their mouths, which later hardens & becomes tough, to both provide more structural security, & to better hold entrapped hosts.

Although if you're interested on a different opinion also, here is Crow's Xenomorph Biology

thorndesignssig.jpg

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

well it think that its just like what stalker said and i think they use them to too breath under water. they stick the tubes out of the water and their rest of their body stays under the water.

~EDIT~Oh i just remembered on Alien res' the aliens didn't need to stick the tubes out of the water.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!---Forum Rules---

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i agree with Bloo and stalker

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am predalien of shadow serpents try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva