My cofusion about AVP

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

It involves the games and the movies, does anybody know how the AVP movie was created, I mean that there are old game consoles that has AVP as a game. I was confuse on that.

Alienation-sig.jpg

I am the Warrior alien of the Hive

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

yea stalker basically said what i was trying to say earlier, its in one of the dvd's aswell, the guys from dark horse say that the alien skull was put in simply to wink at the popular comic series at the time. the skull only made the idea part of the cannon.

are you predator or prey?

http://xiv-movie.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The first glimpe of the creatures' seemingly inevitable meeting was in 1990, at the time of Predator 2's release. Stan Winston's team crafted an Alien skull for the Predator's trophy rack at the end of the movie, as something of a wink at their previous work, Aliens. Although, contrary to what many may believe, this was not actually the original inspiration for AVP.

Dark Horse Comics were originally proposing some crossover work in the early '90s. One of their first ideas was to do a crossover between one of their own characters, Bizarro, with a character created by DC Comics entitled "The American". After considering the idea, they came to the conclusion that it wouldn't sell enough copies, so they started throwing other ideas around. Shortly afterwards, Editor/Artist of Dark Horse Comics, Chris Warner, conceived the idea of crossing over the two creatures while taking a bathroom break. The decision was unanimous, & it took only 15 minutes for Fox to give them the green-light to go with the idea. The series eventually went on to sell millions of copies, & at the time was the most successful non-Marvel or DC comic in history.

By 1994, ideas for making an AVP movie were already in the works, although we now know that they weren't followed-on until a decade later. Although during that large time span between conception & the movie's final release, the AVP phenomenon had spread into other categories, & had become well renowned in both videogames & in-depth novels.

thorndesignssig.jpg

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Zwecky hit the nail on the head.

In an interview with serveral key members of the AVP crew, they claimed that the scene in the Predator ship (Where Harrigan comes across the trphy collection including a xenomorph skull) was the tourch that lit the flames for AVP. Unfortunately for us, we had a bung hole of a director that decided to go forth and create it.

That Said, AVP2 Sounds like it's gonna be a homage to James Camerons 'Aliens' Oh baby, i'm dribbling at the thought.

davesback.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

_Zwecky_, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I also think another aspect of the movie being created was from the movie predator 2 when you see the predator's have a xenomorph trophy/skull, this sparked an idea of one day creating a movie about aliens and predators in the same movie.

00Alien_sig03-1.pngIn Wal-Mart Everyone Can Hear You Scream

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think nstalker is right but i also think that the makers of PREDATOR 2 were intouch with dark hores comics so that the people that liked the alien and predator series would get a hint that they'res going to be comics.

Or the makers of PREDATOR 2 were trying to make it so wen people see the comics they dont wonder why they made them or something like that

Scarefacesig.png

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

yea exactly, AvP first showed up in the early 90's dark horse comic books and then on a whole heap of 2d video games which were a success and thats what got the ball rolling on an AvP movie. AvP basically spent many years in devlopment hell before they decided to go on paul anderson's script

are you predator or prey?

http://xiv-movie.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

Mishmuf, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The games were made before the movie, and I think they were based loosely around the AvP comics. The movie Isn't based on either the comic or the games, but rather Paul Anderson's insipid imagination.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.