lol some issues

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

why dosent everyone use this topic to let of steam ..... lol might just help here .... or have us all at each others throats , but its all good rite ?

Only Joking ..... any way DD You asked me to make this tiopic so i have .... might stop some spamming in the long run , we can hopefully sort out the BS and continue on the same forum

A little on that last topic with rayne and what DD should have said ... instead of an AVP special = LOCKED

thats truely pathetic ... that aint your call , if you feel that you were at the hands of foul play in the Sparing topic or being cheated in some way , just inform the other mods of this and leave the topic, its hardly official ... lol lighten up , its hardly the actual RPG.... talking about banning people over such things is BS , even a warning is out of order ... not that i would doubt for a split second that Katam and stalker e.c.t wouldnt throw thet out. anyway , i can relate to how anoying that is, but things are handle differently here (On some cases)

... To be honest ... the mods here honestly need to sort themselves out here ... the active ones anyway ,,,,No communication skillz what so ever lol , im actually on a warning myself for one pathetic incident were one member took a joke the wrong way.... someone like avpunlimited whos been constantly spamming the board now for 4-5 days has F**k all..... i feel bad dissing a fellow clan mate , but on the other hand he shows no respect to anyone else so F**k it , hes come out with the most pathetic BS and has brough the board nothing , its anoying and all the good topics get locked as a result ... the mods miss the obvious clues but never fail to get on my ass for the odd cuss ...... prioritys are just screwed

Rayne .... youve been here what 7 days ...... a few of the members have been here more than 2 years and wouldnt think about making topics like this ........... i appreciate the ability to speak your mind here , but take my advice, itl have you banned .... take it from someone whos been banned 4 times , just shows how cut throat this place can be ... thats the most die hard alien fan ever (Mwaha) can just be chucked

lol i wish the good old days would return

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

lol nahh , when i log off , this stuff is nothing to me ... it dosent effect me personally atol , its just when your course is IT you get alot of interenet use e.c.t.

anyway , yet again Donut that was a joke and im not sure how to express taht to you Blody americans ..... im sorry , i know you lot hate are sarcasim, but i Put "ONLY JOKING" in my post

Everything after only joking is the post K ?
This topic is the one DD asked me to create between me n him

jbfjjjhrh.png

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

rofl i know it was kill XD but remembers, THE INTERNETS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

857888.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

"talking about banning people over such things is BS , even a warning is out of order"

A banning was never mentioned until now. RPG's not started by mods are not allowed, so I locked the topic. I personally find that rule a bit too restrictive, but a rule it remains. Also, Unlimited has QUITE a history here.

"im actually on a warning myself"

Oh? News to me. I'm not implying you weren't, I'm just sayign that I never heard anything about it.

"the mods miss the obvious clues but never fail to get on my ass for the odd cuss prioritys are just screwed"

You were not in trouble for cussing. You were in trouble for directing said cuss at another member. That is against the rules.

For example, you told me to "fuck off" yesterday, which could have been a warning easily (I chose not to warn you because the "chill out" was my personal misinterpritation of what was going on). NOT because the word f-bomb was used, but because it was an insult directed at another member.

I could care less if anyone swears (provided it dosen't become childish). It's when you use a swear word to attack another member where the problem arises. I hope this makes sense.

deathdrop1.jpg

Very well. Good to have that resolved.

deathdrop1.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think the morals to this entire issue is very, very simple...

The rules are there, the members should follow the rules, and the mods should enforce them.

I don't think a flat-out warning is fair for most situations, but the human element does come into play. What may be considered harsh for one person could be forgiving to another.

I'll admit that the warning system does occasionally fail based on the degree of the offense, but all systems of enforcement have flaws.

If member enters a quarrel with a mod or another member, then they should just show the maturity to sit down, shut up, and back down from the conflict. Carrying on will only get you a warning, and won't get anything accomplished.

I have seen mods on this site abuse their power toward members they personally dislike and even lock topics based on their own opinions.

While I do understand the viewpoint of the mods, I do not think that these mods take others into consideration when acting this way. Mods exist on sites like this to make the website enjoyable for everyone, not to personally decide what is or isn't right. The rules come first.

So, I think I have some advice for mods and members alike:

Mods: Take pleasure in the benefits you give other members, not the powers you use to do so.

Members: It's just a fan site, let it go.

Crow-2.jpg

AVP Unlimited , i can type just fine when im not F**king wasted lol, cut me some slack , it was a saturday night ... anywho . my in ability to type well still dosent effect my knowlege of aliens , which is something you dont have ..... no offense .. you just babbel on about nonsense.. lol crow said it .. you make a little teroy up in your head and when it fails you jump the fence to your next pathetic little theroy ... oh and i was actually laughing at you last night with stalker on MS , it has to be said , judging from your responses last night you clearly either havent seen alien 3 or just didnt posses the attention span to pay attention to a great movie

DD
1 you said a banning hadnt been mentioned till now ... funny i thought the other topic was called "People that should be worned or banned" oh yeah .... it was ../and stalker started the sparring topic I was talking about.....you didnt lock it atol!

2 about the warning . yeah , i got 2 . dave suggested that the warnings be lifted because they were applied for a quit pathetic reason ... stalker lifted his . Katam just couldnt swallow his pride and admitt wrong so i guess im over my head there

3 ok i actually said Donut sucked , which isnt a cuss atol... then you landed in claiming the topic was getting out of hand rite before Donut realised i was joking and answered my queery about her lost personality on the site . whilst claiming she hadnt taken offense like i knew she wouldnt .. You persisted so i told you to F**k off which in affect is the same as me saying leave me alone , you cant take that personaly on a forum , i dont know and im greatful for that.

Ulimeteds history huh ? the only history i recall is five days of total BS filling are heads with rubbish , whatch the movies kid

Crow makes a good point .. and im going to elaberate on that later, theres a loyt of small print in modding . and some of you just dont have a clue .. only thing i dissagree with is that you think argueing with mods should be avoided ..... thats anoying ... speak your mind , comfront people like this and sort problems out , just because they have the power to dish out warnings is no reason to warn members when there in a conflict with themselves , but only lock topics when other are argueing , you guys arent better than members ... bottom line . members deserve equality and shouldnt be scared to comfront mods about problems .....

jbfjjjhrh.png

"funny i thought the other topic was called People that should be worned or banned"

That was not started by a mod, and was therefore locked.

"sparring topic I was talking about.....you didnt lock it atol!"

Sparring topics are allowed. RPG's are not. If you recall, I said that in Unlimited's RPG topic.

"Katam just couldnt swallow his pride and admitt wrong so i guess im over my head there"

I'll ask him about it next time he's on.

"ok i actually said Donut sucked , which isnt a cuss"

I was talking about your claim that you are being threatened with warnings for cussing.

"then you landed in claiming the topic was getting out of hand"

I never said it was getting out of hand. I thought you were insulting Donut, so I posted. BEFORE Donut did.

"You persisted"

I was explaining myself.

"so i told you to F**k off which in affect is the same as me saying leave me alone"

Still an insult.

"you cant take that personaly on a forum"

I don't. It's against the rules, that's all.

Now, as for what Crow was saying-I agree up until the "sit down and shut up" part. If a member has an honest-to-god problem with a mod's behavior, they are more than welcome to take it up with them REASONABLY over E-mail. (another reason this site could use a private message system)

If you feel that I was intruding on your conversaton, then I'm sorry. I assumed you were making an attack, which you were not. My bad. However, 'fuck off" is not the way to respond. I hope this clears it up?

deathdrop1.jpg

lol sorted then i guess...... but somtimes you mods need to sit tight and just watch before rushing the topic ...... *Shakes hand*
especially me because argueing with the mods on avp2 is something i just cant resist lmao J/K

jbfjjjhrh.png