Is this a mistake?

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The alien chestburster needs a breathing host to live inside the body right? But in AVP, when the pred died, the predburster still came out. Was that a mistake?

new-Alienation-sig.jpgI Am A Warrior Alien Of The Hive

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

yeah i was wondering this aswell, it might be different between different species of aliens, example the predalian in AVP, but i think the host msut live for some time for the chest burster to copy its DNA, must take a long time for the queen because of A3 the runner does not kill ripley showing that the chestburster queen still needed a live host, possibly

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

in A3 the alien grows inside a dead ox i think the only point in timethe hoast needs to be alive is during the perioud of thime the face huget is dooing its worck. the chest burster would need warmth and fluids both of wich are abundant inside a dead creatur. the chest burster isnot inside the boddy long enough for it to cool doun compleatly evan after a cople days the core temporatur of a human body would be grater than that of the surounding air

Backinaction.jpg

god_of_blades, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I asked this question before about alien 3 and the aswer was that the alien needs organs or something like that. Not a living host.

868194_1.jpg

_Zwecky_, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Doesn't it live off the organs blood etc. of the host so it would have to have been living to survive. If the host dies doesn't the chestburster come out premetually or something?

00Alien_sig03-1.pngIn Wal-Mart Everyone Can Hear You Scream

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think this was discussed before. It was a continuity mistaike, if not a moment they just wanted to be "dramatic."

EDIT: Well, for one, the host needs to stay alive, and for it to stay alive, it would need to breathe. Second, the Chestburster would kind of gather DNA or something of the host, need be, staying alive. If not, it would be horribly disfigured (as if it wasn't in appearance already).

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Don't think it needs to be breating, Just needs something living to live in.

Why would it need the person to breath? The chestburster has his own lungs.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.