Broken Arm?

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

I thought about this along time ago but forgot to make a topic about it.

In Aliens when Ripley is trying to blow the queen out of the airlock, she is hanging onto the metal bars on the ladder with her arm folded over it. And then the queen grabs Ripley's leg.

Wouldn't the size and weight of the queen along with the suction of space be enough force to snap Ripley's arm while it was on the ladder?

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

Still, man. Think of the torture, the pain, the... the... Ermm, well...

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

It is simply unfeasible that Ripley could've held the queen's weight like that. Even a strong male would've most likely had their arm snapped, let alone Ripley. Considering the angle she was holding on at, her elbow would've simply given out & snapped like a twig.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

maybe Ripley ate a few to many wheatbixs in the morning, thus giving her the strength to hold of a queen and the vaccum of space, ya with me =P

Alienation, Yautja, 17 years ago

They could have made special effects about it, and make her have a robotic arm after. I know I would.

new-Alienation-sig.jpgI Am A Warrior Alien Of The Hive

god_of_blades, Yautja, 17 years ago

Yeah but she does not see another human for years.

868194_1.jpg

I think it was just another one of those "movie things" so the main character wouldn't get too badly maimed or die. Such as in predator when Dutch gets hit by a plasmacaster bolt but it just knocks the gun out of his hands & knocks him over, when technically it should have blown his hands off.

thorndesignssig.jpg

god_of_blades, Yautja, 17 years ago

She's a strong person that Ripley.

868194_1.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

I've noticed that. From the looks of it, it looked like it hurt like f*cking hell to Ripley. Maybe a flaw or something.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

navyspaz, Yautja, 17 years ago

well it looked like it hurt, you can still move your arm even tho its broken, wouldn't you rather a broken arm then sucked into space and killed? I dont care if it ripped my arm off I'd still be hanging on lol.

maybe a flaw in the movie also.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

Hive_Tyrant, Yautja, 17 years ago

i belive so but it didn't think they would want a wounded character in the Aliens movie u know what i'm saying?

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!---Forum Rules---

I severaly doubt that Ripley would've been able to hold onto the ladder with the queen hanging onto her, realistically. Judging by the queen's size I'd say she weighed somewhere between 1.5 & 2 tonnes. That basically means that Ripley had a pickup truck dangling from her leg. The arm would have been snapped like a twig.

thorndesignssig.jpg