Which Terrain

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ok , so its no secret that a big part of the success of Alien was due to the fantastic terrain in the movies and the atmosphere created

My question is which terrain do you feel contributed to the movie most

Giger = the gothic, repulsive, si-fi yet somehow organic Alien terrain created by Giger and the egg chambers at the base of the sophiristines ship drowned in fog. The sounds here were different too, The ship was quit hollow and noises were lightly echoed

Or

The Nostromo designed mostly by Ridley that was ment to make the ship look like a bit of a rust bucket, the errey blind corners and the dry ice spraying from the walls . There was a constant noise of the ship here , but it wasent the traditional sound of a ship logging itself through space.

Sorry , dont have much time , try and elaberate as much as you can

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

yeah ... great points .....

I cant seperate the two , both fantastic and part of the same move , pretty amazing

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

The derelicted ship was quite scary man. especially the egg chambers, it seemed to be as large as the universe, great camera angles. But I liked the Nostromo just a wee bit more. it was high tech, yet very medival.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

idsay the hadlies point facilaty was the best looking set the atmosfere wasalmost like the mary salest if you dont no what that is it a ship that was found with all hand missing with no explanation

Anarchysig.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Giger's work on creating the look of Acheron's surface, & the truly menacing & iconic derelect was absolutely fantastic. Ridley's work on the Nostromo was great too, & was a heavy contributor to the movie, but in my opinion Giger's work stood out much more. Even if nothing else in the movie had been changed aside from Giger's work, it would have a severe impact on the film overall, as Giger's signature style has now become iconic amongst most alien fans, & I'm sure the film would've been somewhat lacking if not for it.

thorndesignssig.jpg