queens egg sac

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

just thinking when the queens wants to move to a new loction,is it possable that she or a drone can keep the egg sac close and safe to move it? or all the aliens can lift the queen to a new spot?

am think that the drone's can spit something that will keep the end and start close to move it,like something sticky.

<_img.sheezyart.com/art/image/88/881555_1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Makes sense... But because of all of those informational mistakes in the movies and the other canon info., one would entirely think that regenration was the answer. I agree with you, although I still think there is a reason why they would make it look like she could regenerate the sack.

I overlooked that AVP Queen part... My mistake. But, although it did happen, I still give reason to why I think there should be a reason for making it look like the way many people think. And, although AVP:E isn't considered canon, it's the Queen, afterall, I am wondering why they wouldn't just give her higher defenses so she wouldn't have to move around with the abdomen on, instead of letting her regenerate.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Wait a moment...that doesn't add up. The queen in AvP already had an abdomen developed, she was placed into a state of cryogenesis with the abdomen still in tact. All she did was start laying upon arousal with the alleged aid of hormones and other chemicals.

I still find it extremely hard to believe that they would regenerate the abdomen both because of the facts which I have stated as well as the simple reason that the closest thing to a xenomorph hive is a termite colony: there is one queen, warriors, and drones. Heck, some breeds of termites even have warriors which exude acid. But either way, with termites, if one were to pull the queen from her abdomen, she would survive for a period of time before dying completely.

I do not believe that a xenomorph queen would die completely without her abdomen because of the simple fact that their digestive systems are in their torsos. However, it only makes sense that, like a termite or any other organism on this planet, if one were to remove the reproductive organs of an organism, xenomorph included, they will not grow back.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

thats a good excplination.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!---Forum Rules---

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well... you all make valid points... but let me answer.

You see that, in both Aliens and AVP, the Queen has the ability to remove the 'sack' from her body, though, it looks rather painful and/or something she wouldn't want to do a lot, so she takes it into great consideration of where the hive should take place. Although regeneration of these abdomens would be most likely, let's not forget that it's huge, and would take a massive amount of time for this to occur.

The Queen in Aliens had already been there for a while, giving this reason possibility. But the Queen ('Empress', if you will...) in AVP was there barely for even 24 hours, yet, the next scene she's in after awakening, she has already compiled up enough energy to create this abdomen, and we can already see a fair-number of eggs produced.

What Crow states is, what I believe, true.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Why would the hive move in the first place?

Mishmufsig.jpg

They never confirmed where she went...she could have been inside the ship, or she could have been on the hull...

Either way, where the queen was doesn't really relate to the topic.
855989_3.jpg

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

wait..wasnt the queen in aliens inside the slot where one of the dropship legs was?
actually nvm i just rememberd something.. nvm its gone.
new-Hajou-3-sig.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

"Prepare to say goodbye to your two best friends, and I dont mean your pals in the winnebago."-Dark helmet from Spaceballs the movie

The Forum Rules

If the queen could lay eggs without her abdomen then the point of having the abdomen at all would be entirely eliminated.

If you take a look at the xenomorph biology paper I wrote, I explain that the queen can lay "super facehuggers" (queen facehuggers) without her abdomen because they are spawned from unfertilized eggs (Hence why they produce a female queen in addition to a few standard female drone embryos. These eggs, however, do not provide any genetic variation from a male chromosome, which is what makes normal facehuggers valuable).

These are hardier than typical xenomorph eggs, and as such can survive and develop without the nutrients provided by the queen's abdomen.

The queen laid one of these while she was on the ship's hull, which then spawned the embryos which we saw in Alien 3.

The queen did not (and can not) regenerate her abdomen in that time because she was still without one when she fought Ripley in the final scene of Aliens.

855989_3.jpg

I agree with Giger Drone and that the queen can regrow or possibly lay without the sac it would explain Alien 3, but it could be possible that a alien drone put the egg on the ship quickly, just ideas

...In alien 3 there are eggs on the ship..explain that...does the queen have a secondary mini adomen or are you wrong..meh whos cares

The-Giger-Drone.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Im pretty sure the queen rips out of it and finds another place and grows a new one.

Prolly doesn't do it often cos from the sound of it on Alien(S) it didnt feel too good. Plus all that hive that has to grow and stuff. Those black strings connected to the queen and the hive wall... As seen below

QUEEN90.JPG

They look like really big spider legs.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

I think I've answered this before, and I know that I've addressed it in my Xenomorph Biology segment, but the queen does not regrow or reattach her "egg sac" (the proper term is "abdomen").

The queen's abdomen is not an interchangeable object. It is just like an insect's: it is a part of the queen's body (an appendage), and is not something which can be freely reattached.

The queen's abdomen is just like an arm or a leg: it is an appendage from her central torso, and won't grow back just as an arm or a leg wouldn't.

The only reason the queen detached herself in Aliens was because Ripley had already completely destroyed her reproductive capabilities. In essence, she was ripping her body in two.

The queen in AvP seperated herself because Anderson is a frickin idiot.

It is obvious that the queen has no extreme regenerative capabilities because the other xenomorphs do not, either. If they did, Grid would have regrown his tail in AvP, or the cuts on his head would have healed faster.

So, once the queen's abdomen is gone, it's gone for good.

If the queen had to move, chances are she would summon her brood to carry her entire body to a new location.

855989_3.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

although you make a valid point its hard to say the xenomorphs have no regenerative capabilities. i mean for something that undergoes a complete transformation in under a period of 24 hours i dont think it would be impossible for her to grow a new adomen. and for just regeneration properties nothing regenerates fast i mean look the lizards on our planet it can somtimes take weeks to grow back a limb. with grid it is almost impposbile for something to regenerate in lets say the period of 2 hours to be safe. but then again with the horrendous mocery of the time that it takes them to gestaite and grow maybe it would happen faster.

the point is crow you do have a valid point i just find it hard to beilive that something so heavely evovled wouldnt have somewhat of a regenerative process it would probally just take more time.

new-Hyro-sigv2.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

Well, even if something develops quickly, that does not give it regenerative capabilities. When complex organisms develop they do possess a unique gene which allows it to regenerate limbs, but upon birth this gene is turned off, preventing them from doing so as they continue to grow and become more complex.

Additionally, it is because xenomorphs are so heavily evolved that they do not regenerate. The regeneration of limbs occurs in more simplistic organisms or with simpler regions of the body because they have areas which can be duplicated and regrown with little difficulty. The more advanced the organism, the less of a chance they can regenerate because of the complexity of their bodies.

855989_3.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

fair enough

new-Hyro-sigv2.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche