why preds fans dont like avp and paul anderson (avp2 more preds

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

why preds fans dont like or i hate avp and paul anderson vision even more i dream alot of avp2 i think in avp2 more predators wil die be predalien alpha male end of avp like Grid wil die

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream

the_doctor, Undefined, 17 years ago

i dont hate Anderson either, sure he screwed the film up but it could have been worse, alot worse. personally i think he tried to do too much in a small amount of time and also tried to make the film more of an alien movie (female lead, dark sets)even though he said it acted as a pred "sequel" to me it felt more like an alien "pre-quel". he didnt resepct both francises enough to combine them together. still the film wasnt a complete loss so...

are you predator or prey?

http://xiv-movie.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

FireHunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

**** sake those predators were:idiots,morons,sumo wrestlers and cowards.HOW ELSE COULD HE DESTROY ONE OF THE BEST FRANCHISES IN THE UNIVERSE!!!as for the aliens,they were completely demolished,their intelligence was swapped with the pred's,eh
that makes two franchises he destroyed
the aliens might as well have had the weapons and sh*t,and the preds as slime-covered,drooling monsters!!!

the burning planet..so mysterious,so beautiful so,well,burning....mattspicturebm.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Good question... Ermm, well, Pred fans, like they say, don't hate the player (Paul), hate the game (movie). Besides, he intended to have five, so that's a thumbs-up - damn you, FOX.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't "hate" Anderson, just what he did with AVP (& even more with what he did with Resident Evil).

One of the main things about AVP that I hated, was his new designs of the preds. In the pred movies, they were well-muscled, but not bulky, & had somewhat compact figures, which added to the "hunter" style. Wheras Anderson apparently viewed them as gladiators, & completely beefed them up. Not only that, but he changed their characters quite a bit too. The original preds were extremelly intelligent creatures who would effortlessly stalk their prey & in the blink of an eye would ambush them & kill them before they even knew what had happened. Wheras the preds in AVP seemed to just rush straight into a fight without even thinking, & look where that got them.

The new look of the preds I also didn't like too much. Their armour was incredibly large & bulky, & so shiny & new looking, it was as though it had come off an assembly line, & didn't really build any character, wheras the classic preds' armour had a very well-worn look to it, as though it had sustained the brunt of 100 hunts, & had a very personalised style for both of the hunters. Admittedly, Celtic & Chopper both had cool-looking masks, but really Celtic's mask was taken off several other predator designs, & wasn't something Anderson had created himself (if u look closely at the end of pred 2, one of the preds has a very similar mask to Celtic, & also at the beginning of the AVP arcade game).

Their weapons also seemed really tarted up. For example, in the pred movies the wristblades had a sense of function & reality, in AVP they might aswell have had swords shooting from their wrist gauntlets, it was ridiculous. It was as thought Anderson was trying to inject some "hollywood" into the preds, a terrible combination in my opinion.

But one of the main gripes I had about the AVP preds is that everything that ppl loved about the classics was destroyed. The infamous thermal vision, the predator's trademark sounds, etc. All changed & altered to Anderson's liking, & I honestly hated it.

Above all though, he changed their faces. The predator is such an iconic & recognisable character, & he had the audacity to change it to that sort of extent, that it just pissed me off. I was immediately dissapointed when scar removed his mask at the end of AVP, as he seemed like a completely foreign creature, not the great hunter that I had loved for so many years. Wheras the classic preds had a very mean & evil look to their faces, Scar looked like a complete buffoon. He had the most riduculous "duh..." expression on his face, & the way his mandibles stuck out at the side to make room for his crappy looking teeth was appalling.

The thing that gets me though, is that while Anderson completely robbed the preds of just about everything that was great about them in AVP, he actually had the audacity to claim that his preds were far superior to the classics, & called the original preds "children that had been allowed to play on Earth". That showed a great amount of disrecpect in my opinion, & really pissed me off.

Anyway, those are the main reasons why I disliked Anderson's preds in AVP (I'm assumiming that was the topic subject after all, as it was directed at pred fans)

thorndesignssig.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yea, I didnt like how they were made, Really strong and made for battle, I liked Pred 1 and 2 type Preds better. They were almost always cloaked and didnt show them selfs to a huge pack of humans with Auto-Matic rifles (in the hallway on AvP) and one of them tried to act as a statue pft. JUST CLOAK, The preds were a little stupid on there. And the length of the wristblades on scar was kinda impossible.

And I really hated how Lex was so involved in fighting, If it wasnt for Lex Scar would've died earlier, Like when they were getting out of the Pyramid, He got stabbed threw the shoulder by a drone, and she said "you are one ugly mother" *BAM* and blew the back of its head off, when its just made for shooting those metal pins in the side of the tunnel so they dont fall... IT DOESNT EXPLODE. And How Lex stabbed the tail in the queen and ran off under the water tank, never got hit, as for scar he got killed. Yet whos tougher and more prepared for battle? I also hated how they both ran from the explosion... An Explosion is VERY fast, You can Not Outrun an explosion. It had too much to do with Lex.

I only liked the movie because it was AvP.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.