Question about the alien's acid blood

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Was the alien's acid blood real, or was it special effects? Als, if you wathed ALIEN where they cut the facehugger's leg, the acid green. In the AVP, where the predator sliced off grid's tail and when he used his tail as a weapon,(flinging his acid around)it looked like water. were those special effects?

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

(sigh) It's like no one is here. :(

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I'm sure it was special effects, cos who would like to repair the floor in alien 1 in the lab everytime they said "Cut, let's redo that"

Besides I don't think there is such powerful acid.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well there IS an acid powerful enough to do that, in fact there are many that are even beyond that strength, but yes, the acid in the scenes was special effects. No way would they use real acid to endanger the cast in the movies, let alone damage the set and make refilming a scene a complete hassle.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yea and also I dont' think they had thhat kinda acid back then when they made it, in the 70's, they prolly did. but Im sure they wouldnt use real acid, ash had his hand under the rag and it could've burned threw his hand. I'm sure they wouldn't take that risk.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yes, very true about what you guys state. But, it's common sense. Let's say that, well, you; the director; has two choices: Use real acid to make it look very real and repair it for stunts after wards OVER and OVER, or just try some props and some liquid, editing it with special efffects afterwards to create an illusion.

But a possibility of this is 50-50, because people can have crazy enough ideas, and some people want things to be 100-percent precise, doing everything slowly... But 100-precent right.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."