Aliens screeches

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

How come in AVP, when Lex stabbed the alien with the predator's spear, the alien didn't do that final screech when it dies, you know the high pitch scream like the one in ALIENS where Ripley shoots the warrior aliens? Is this another screw-up or did Mr.Anderson forgot that part

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Where did the spear strike again? I can't quite recall...based on where it struck, perhaps it punctured a part of the xenomorph's body which is needed to take in air to generate sound.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I'm not sure about that. I think it was somewhere in the middle I guess

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

well maybe cause the alien in avp was a drone and the one from aliens were warriors.

DiscsSig.gif

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The one in ALIEN also did this, but more terrifyingly longer...

Supposed answer to this is because they used newly generated Xeno sounds. That death screech was one of the ones they didn't use, as well as all of the other old ones. Friggin' edited pig squeels in AVP, I tell you...

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Any idea what sort of organism they DID use in the earlier films? I would imagine that they needed a animal template of some sort, but I wonder what...

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Possibly a boar, dog or wolf, edited with other creature sounds.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think that it was a pig. Might have been the ones that Bloo mentioned. Allthough I'm not quite sure about the bear... The aliens would have sounded a bit more feral, wouldn't they.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.