Could a faraway alien find its way back to the hive

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Can it found it on its own without doin screeches? Also the drone is about a hundred miles away and there is no prey or predator around it. So, can it?

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I am sure it could. it is almost the same as if an alien gets lost in a maze and the queen is at the end. plus i dont think an alien would go that far away from the hive unless the queen told it too.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

The ALIENS queen that is, not the AVP queen.lol

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I agree with BW.

This time its war.

The only difference is that the AvP queen was pumped on steriods, and was cranky. They were baisically the same in terms of communication, except the AvP queen was kinda butchered.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

i think yes alien find way to hive and Queen on avp2 game story of alien Queen was cage on car alien follow Queen end on planet

in space no one can Hear you scream

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yes. Yes it can. Any of the Alien-types can find their way back to their own hive. Even the Facehugger. But I'm guessing it would rather be smart and find a host.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Since it has a limited time of living like in Alien Versus Predator Extinction.

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

before i say any thing i would like to note dont trust every thing you see on alien vs predator: extinction alot of it was made up and makes no sense at all for instance ravagers (cool looking but makes no sense)

now back to the topic back at hand. it would depend how far away the said alien was away from the a hive. in your example of 100 miles away yes it can mainly because of the mental pull of the hive but for instance if its in 1000 probally not the would ust develop new hives for example look at the book aliens: Earth hive 12 different hives were created around the world

Hyrosig.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

But there are only so many reasons why they would be that far away from their Queen. But, I guess you're right.

00Bloo_sig11.png

What about migration. Probably the alien was building an empire for the queen.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

The drones are not dependant on the HIVE, they can leave when they wish and permantly depart from the rest of their brood without faultering. They are totally indipendant organisms capable of creating newly formed Hives from scratch. (See Alien directors cut, i don't have time to go in depth on this subject)

jgjkhgjkyhku.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

I don't have Alien director's cut, I have the regular one.

P.S um Daveberg, may I join the Hive?

Make a request in the clan request board. Dave has given me somthing to think about. I used to think that Aliens were bound to the hive, but Dave just made me have a "There is no spoon" moment. A drone, warrior, or even a chest burster could leave, and make it's own hive, or attempt to atleast.
[Neo] Whoa. [/Neo]

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

OTANG, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I just had a DaveBerg sighting XD
this is the best question i have seen in a while...

true that, a Xeno is indepentant if left alone. Its survival instincts take over and kill intruders that enter its killzone, they dont take hosts if its found on its own and fully capable of survival without a hive.

however, reports suggest a lone drone can spontaneously lay a single egg housing a superfacehugger capable of finding a host for a queen, thereby expanding the species. this indirectly reinforces the idea they can function outside a hive and maybe even eventually create one if conditions are right

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

daveberg, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Aliennation - i've put you up into the HIVE. Welcome aboard.

Back to the question in hand, it's one i've seen before round the forum but definately leaves room for speculation, as i stated before though, evidence from the films (Canon) shows that aliens are fully functioning, self sufficient creatures away from the HIVES and have capabilities to spawn a single offspring (egg) that can be the beggining of a new HIVE. In a nut shell, no matter where the aliens go, they can reproduce (Depending on host availibility) and spread various HIVES across the galaxy....definately not good for humans.

jgjkhgjkyhku.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Yes. What happens in the games is bull sh**. I didn't say cr@p, I said sh**. That's how misguided it is. An Alien does not die when it's too far from it's hive, because it is highly capable of making one itself.

Facehuggers can't, they'll be too smart and busy looking for a host. Any other alien above that of a Chestburster is capable to creating one.

I don't know much about the Queen, all she provides is the creation of the Adults and the Eggs for all I know. Does she actually help in how the hive is built? Or is it up to the Drones?

00Bloo_sig11.png

Ramid, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I believe so. I think they might have an exelient sence of where they go. It seems like they do anyways. :/

Doom unto others as they Doom unto you