is it right to love?

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

well i just finished reading ALIENS: Earth Hive and it brought up a interesting question. is it right to love a artificail person? while people maybe be against the entierty of Androids, if they can think and feel are they not as good as humans? yet to think of loving somthing "non-human" could be like loving a horse. so is it right to love a android or does it take a truly messed up individual to love a artificail person?

Hyrosig.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

There is love beyond just sexuality. I think he was talking about that.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

I dont know i dont think it would be right to love an android, there are disadvantages, but there are also advantages too.

Bad: 1. He/she/it would probably outlive you.
2. It would rust when you go swimming lol.

Good: 1. You'd probably save alot of money on food.
2. You wouldn't have to worry about in-laws. lol

Not Sure: 1. While you would age he/she/it would not.

EDIT: if you meant like the android from Alien: Resurrection then yeah it would be okay cause they are just like normal. there is really nothing wrongn with it.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

Of course its alright, love is love and nothing can change that :u wether its a no soul, a soul, black, white, blue, a demon, an angel, a monster, ect.. that doesnt mean you SHOULDNT and you CAN'T love :c love is who you are, not what you are D:

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

If we assume robots (particularly the autons from Alien: Ressurection) are setient, then I don't see why they themselves can't love.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

i agree with DD. what i put on the edited post wasnt what hyro was talking about. i kept thinking of a regular stiff robot from like TV and stuff like that.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

hmmmmmmm......I have mixed feelings over this. On the one hand, loving a robot in that way just doesn't seem right, but on the other hand, when u consider that the robot is pretty much a human being, then the creepyness of the whole situation begins to fade a bit, lol.

Maybe for ppl who are really lonely & need some company or something like that would benefit from a synthetic relationship, but it's not the sort of thing I'd get into if it was around, lol

TheStalker.jpg